I am considering build a new pedal to replace my first TS808 I built. It was one of my first builds and my skills were not well developed then. This build I will but a TS808 and a TS9 in the same pedal.
My question is: Does it make much of a difference if the 808 comes before the 9 or the other way around? The reason is I am considering adding a 3rd footswitch the changes the order, but I want to know if it will actually be any use.
isnt the difference between a ts-808 and a ts9 like two resistors or something? It would almost be easier to use your ts-808 and add in couple switches to change between components then build an entirely new pedal
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
^Perhaps he once them both on at once

And TS, unless your making it true bypass, you'll only need one buffer. You probably know that but I'll say it anyway. If the difference between 808 and 9 is as small as the guy above says then it may be worth making only one and using it with your current one.
Quote by supergerbil
^Perhaps he once them both on at once

And TS, unless your making it true bypass, you'll only need one buffer. You probably know that but I'll say it anyway. If the difference between 808 and 9 is as small as the guy above says then it may be worth making only one and using it with your current one.

Do you know what a buffer is?

It has nothing to do with switching.

90% of all the "boot tweak" OD units out there are bufferless true bypass Tube Screamers.

No buffers improves transparency.
^I know what a buffer is. I'm just saying that most tube screamer circuits will feature one and it would save him time and money to eliminate the second one from his pedal. Where on earth did you get something about switching from my post? By true bypass I mean when the pedal is off the signal isn't touched at all. When my TS-808 is off, the signal still goes through it's buffer...
[quote="supergerbil]^I know what a buffer is. I'm just saying that most tube screamer circuits will feature one and it would save him time and money to eliminate the second one from his pedal. Where on earth did you get something about switching from my post? By true bypass I mean when the pedal is off the signal isn't touched at all. When my TS-808 is off, the signal still goes through it's buffer...
What is it? Be honest dont use Google or an elec site.

Why would it save time and money to have an input buffer but no putput buffer?

Not the input buffer (buffer before op-amp *clippin stage*)
I was saying that if both schematics include input buffers (that will be very similar) then having only one input buffer (for both pedals) would be ok.

And I thought a buffer was a small circuit that made the guitar signal capable of going down long cables etc. They have a low impedance input and a high outut. I'm not an expert so feel free to correct me