Thanks for looking at this thread, I have a pretty big problem with my first fret, it buzzes like a mofo, I can't play any barre chords on it at all, with out it sounding like total complete crap, it has been getting progressively worse over the last few months and it is gone to far for me to be able to ignore, especially since I play a lot of chordsy stuff at church. It's every string on the fret, and it's only the first no other frets buzz at all except in open, and raising my action doesn't alleviate it at all.

do you think it is the truss rod? DO you think I need my guitar set up professionally and how much would that cost and how long would it take?
Quote by Christ Lover
Thanks for looking at this thread, I have a pretty big problem with my first fret, it buzzes like a mofo, I can't play any barre chords on it at all, with out it sounding like total complete crap, it has been getting progressively worse over the last few months and it is gone to far for me to be able to ignore, especially since I play a lot of chordsy stuff at church. It's every string on the fret, and it's only the first no other frets buzz at all, and raising my action doesn't alleviate it at all.

What guitar do you have?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by Christ Lover
It's a schecter omen 6

Hmm, its not a bad guitar. If its very old, try changing frets or adjusting the truss rod, if its not old, the I dont know. It can still be the truss rod...
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
It's from february and there is no visible wear on the frets at all. It also buzzes in open a little bit, so it may be the nut? I'm seriously thinking about getting it set up, but I honestly don't know where I will get the money to do it.
You may need to loosen the truss rod a little. If that doesn't fix it then you need to raise the nut or replace it with a higher one.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
I loosened the truss rod, there was a bit of back bow, but it's all good now. thanks for the help!