Ok so im looking for a way of playing back mp3's mid song...

i got some film quotes in some of my songs and need a way of playing them via footswitch live, anyone know if you can load mp3's onto one of those boss loop stations? or a cheaper alternative that doesnt involve bashing apart an ipod???
any help would be great

thanks
No idea how to do that...but sounds like a cool idea.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
I think, somehow RUSH used to used some sampled sounds accessed VIA midi footswitch. That's going to get expensive fast though.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
That sounds really cool, except I don't know how well that would go down in a live setting. That kind of thing seems to me that it works in recordings, but live, you should do something different.

If you're certain you want to do it that way though, what you could do is get a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter to go from your ipod into the input jack on a loop station, record it onto the loop station, and save it in a settings box.
Quote by KetchupLad14

If you're certain you want to do it that way though, what you could do is get a 1/8 to 1/4 inch adapter to go from your ipod into the input jack on a loop station, record it onto the loop station, and save it in a settings box.

Yes, that would work. I think some loop stations even have a 1/8 input for Aux., as in recording songs from mp3-players or whatever onto to the pedal.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
loopstation is your best bet outside of having your own sound tech.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
boss loop station or something maybe. play the sounds into it and record them.

edit - ^ i should have read other posts before
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
You can get the 1/8 to 1/4 or vice verse at Radioshack for ~$3. Just make sure you get stereo and not mono.

But if you already have a laptop, than you could just use that to play it..But I would think you would know that if you already had a lappy. So yeah, go to radioshack.

Remember STEREO not mono. I've made that mistake too many times.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]