I run a peavey ultraplus thru a 2x12 cab. in the fx loop, i run a zoom gfx3 processor.

i'm not too big on having the best effects but this does great for what i want. flange, wah, phaser, chorus, anything. the only problem is, when it's on bypass, i get the sound of my amp. great. everythings working good. when i turn off the bypass, it shrinks a good amount of volume.

any effect i add is pretty much retained at the same volume. i boosted the master volume and patch volume and every other volume on the pedal to max. the master volume had to be set to 25/30 because anything higher caused nasty feedback.

Even after this, it was still considerably louder when it turned on the bypass. why's this?

is it worth it to buy separate pedals?
Well separate pedals are always better, but it costs a lot of money (thats why I have mine Digi RP250). Dunno why you have this problem? I have my multieffect and don't have any trouble? Are you running distortion through the Zoom? try only a delay or something, maybe that the distortion from the pedal compresses the volume....
TEAR IT DOWN - new EP out now!
Czech death/deathcore/metalcore band
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

Visit my youtube profile for some awesome solos - Kiwara's YT
Hmm my Zoom doesn't do that... it has a master output on the back, a little knob you can turn, does yours have that?
The signal is affected by the effects unit. I typically never recommend any pedals, except for maybe a tuner and definitely a wah-pedal. Invest in some proper rack gear, and you won't have this problem. To kill the feedback, you need a different guitar and/or a noise gate. The BOSS NS-2 will work miracles for low/mid-range gear. I don't know the exact mechanics of this pedal, but chances are that your effects loop is running at a different volume. Many have a +4db level change. I have a noise gate in my G-Major that always runs, so the level stays the same no matter how many effects I use. Also, in some gear, effects have their own levels, not only mixing values, which means that an effect can do more than just warp the sound. Another thing you wanna take into account, is that only an effects unit with true bypass will leave the sound completely clean and not alter the signal one bit. The less advanced the gear, the harder it is to get everything right, really.
No, i'm not using any distortions. just effects and delays.

Even if i turn all the effects on but the bypass is on, the volume is reduced.
Quote by rabblerouser89
No, i'm not using any distortions. just effects and delays.

Even if i turn all the effects on but the bypass is on, the volume is reduced.

Tray all different effects, one at a time. Maybe a specific effect is doing it. Or you did something wrong with your settings, or there is something wrong with the ZOOM.

If you take it to the place you bought it and tell them about this prob. they should probably tell you how to fix it, or return your money/give you a different product.

There must be some way to solve it.

GL
Visit our profile, listen to the new stuff and download for free, if you like it! - songs here!

If the ZOOM has a wah pedal that is a part of the efect, try pressing it to toe position.

You need to reduce the pedal volume not increase it. Turn your amp up to the volume you like it at and adjust the pedal volume when on so there is no change in overall volume. Set this volume with the pedal master volume then each patch you use will need to be adjusted to. Basically you have a ton of signal going in with the pedal on boosting the amp then when bypassed its just the amp so the volume drops.