Page 1 of 2
K, well I heard a couple of good reviews about the spider III 75, so I got it. Now I've seen the Peavey VYPYR and I can't return my spider to the store without a fault.
Any ideas and do you reckon it will work?

EDIT
I decided to wait till the Peavey VYPYR comes fully into the UK, then do a part exchange. Then never go to the store again. EVER.
But honestly, I'm surprised no1 suggested switching it on and off loads really quickly.
Last edited by jacobparker at Sep 14, 2008,
take an axe to it,put some icy hot in it and make it do a barrel roll.
with a lolwut mango in it.

it works everytime.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
I highly doubt it would work. Just try to sell it on.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by jacobparker
K, well I heard a couple of good reviews about the spider III 75, so I got it. Now I've seen the Peavey VYPYR and I can't return my spider to the store without a fault.

Uhhh its a spider. They'll understand
Quote by burn the stars
drop it in water.

actually not as stupid idea as it sounds. my friends does this with his ipods, labtops and phones wen he wants a new one, dries it for a couple of days and says that humidity leaked into it or sumthing. mite not work for an amp, idk, but it works for my friend all of the time
The coiled magnet makes the sound go to the amplifier affectively, and is hard to fix, so u will probs get ur money back.
Put it in a trash bag, make it air tight. Turn it on and make it overheat. A guy at a game store told me to do this to get a new xbox. Lol.
playing random crap at full volume with every effect on it is then.
will it work with headphones?
Last edited by jacobparker at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by shdowfox17
take an axe to it,put some icy hot in it and make it do a barrel roll.
with a lolwut mango in it.

it works everytime.

yup
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

If you can get inside the amp, try cutting a wire for a knob and say that the knob doesnt work. thats just what i would do
"People need to see what I see. Then they will wish they were blind."
take soldering iron to one of the wires, and just undo it a little
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
turn it on
plug it in
cover it in blankets
play as loud as possible
wait till it over heats

do this outside. could be pretty loud and casue possible hearing damage
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by jacobparker
playing random crap at full volume with every effect on it is then.
will it work with headphones?

Possibly but you would blow the headphones...

I agree with the guy above if you do, cover it in blankets and crap and do it outside.
Quote by KingJustinian25
you made the wrong choice don't screw over a music store..

+10

I'm so ****ing sick of the whole mentality that the big music store can afford this shit. I saw another thread where a kid was saying he liked to buy guitars, play em a month, then return them.

Every time you do this, the store takes a loss. Every time the store takes a loss, you're SCREWING someone. Do you think a big chain like Guitar Center takes the hit? Most often, it hits on the store level, and is costing some hard working shmuck manager his bonus, salary, or worst - his job.

If there was a problem with the amp, return it. The store should make good for selling you defective merchandise. If there's nothing wrong, then CONGRATULATIONS! You made a choice on an amp, bought it, and got exactly what you paid for. Don't be a dick now and stiff some music store because you were too stupid to think through your decision BEFORE you buy.

The IS NO faceless, nameless corporate ghost out to screw you. There's just other people like yourself working hard, and getting screwed over by cheap scamming dickheads like you.
Quote by jacobparker
Will putting the output into the mp3 in work?

After reading my post, if you're still a big enough jerk to still try this, be warned: Blowing up your amp is not a "flaw", it's user-error. Most stores will tell you to go screw, and you'll be stuck with a broken amp.

Just sell it used, and buy the amp you want. Just make sure it's the one you want this time.
Quote by jacobparker
Any ideas and do you reckon it will work?

Store's policy
http://www.abcmusic.co.uk/page.php?xPage=terms.html

You're a prick

You bought it, you deal with it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You're a prick

You bought it, you deal with it.

You always have the best advice

You could have thought twice about it, and you didn't. It's your problem, and if you break it, they're most likely to repair it, or replace it.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
dont put the store down what you should do is sell the amp 50bucks cheaper than what you got it for then make up the cash diffrence then buy new amp everyone will be happy at final result maybe not at the earning more $$ part though
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
does the store you bought the spider from have the amp you want? Ask them if they'll do a part exchange, then see how much money you need
Quote by Les Paul57
actually not as stupid idea as it sounds. my friends does this with his ipods, labtops and phones wen he wants a new one, dries it for a couple of days and says that humidity leaked into it or sumthing. mite not work for an amp, idk, but it works for my friend all of the time

Don't they put like some kind of paper in them so make sure you dont do crap like this? I think they put litmus paper in there to see if it's been wet or not lol
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Well if you can find a wire that's not in too obvious of a spot just give it a tiny yank. Tell them you were playing and then the next time you went to play it just died.

But really I'd just sell it for $50-100 less on ebay then what you bought it for, sure it's a loss but if the store doesn't believe you you're stuck with a broke amp and no cash.
Quote by Arr0wHead
+10

I'm so ****ing sick of the whole mentality that the big music store can afford this shit. I saw another thread where a kid was saying he liked to buy guitars, play em a month, then return them.

Every time you do this, the store takes a loss. Every time the store takes a loss, you're SCREWING someone. Do you think a big chain like Guitar Center takes the hit? Most often, it hits on the store level, and is costing some hard working shmuck manager his bonus, salary, or worst - his job.

If there was a problem with the amp, return it. The store should make good for selling you defective merchandise. If there's nothing wrong, then CONGRATULATIONS! You made a choice on an amp, bought it, and got exactly what you paid for. Don't be a dick now and stiff some music store because you were too stupid to think through your decision BEFORE you buy.

The IS NO faceless, nameless corporate ghost out to screw you. There's just other people like yourself working hard, and getting screwed over by cheap scamming dickheads like you.

I agree with this, but we probably can't stop you. Just don't like drop it or something, music stores can tell if an amp was broken on purpose.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
how long have you had the amp for? even though they say 7 day return i always thought it was 28 days you had to return something? they might not give a refund but they may let you swap it if you have not had it for long, i know when i returned an mg for a vox in a shop in glasgow it was about 2 weeks, guy didnt even want to see the reciept
I hope you break your amp and the store wont take it back. You should have thought about what you want before you bought it. And if the store finds out that you're trying to scam them they could prosecute you for fraud or something. Just sell it on for a bit less then you bought it for. Somebody will get in trouble for this. Probably you
...have you learned your lesson? No? How about: "Don't buy from abc music anymore" "Buy from gitar center" or maybe... "Think twice before you blow your money."
Quote by Arr0wHead
+10

This deserves an Amen!

To jacobparker and others making suggestions on how to break it, watch out for bad karma.

Quote by Arr0wHead
+10

True. Ever heard of franchising TS? Do you really think that a GC in a little town in Kansas are going to give their employees the exact amount of cash as the biggest in LA? Don't be an asshole.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
try putting a magnet on the back of it where it is "magneticy" and where the magnet is attracted to it. i used to have a metal box in the back of an old amp of mine and then i left for three weeks. came back and the amp straight up didn't work. it would turn on and no volume came out. i blame it on the metal box but it could have been something else.
i'm with the seagull, that arr0whead dude and ippon. don't do it, it's fraud. you may feel they've gipped you by selling you a crappy amp (and they probably have), but 2 wrongs don't make a right, your screwing them could end up losing someone his/her job. and that might not even be the person who sold you the amp. as said, if you screw a big company, they'll probably pass on the screwing to the little guy somewhere along the line.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2