I heard that after a while, the tone quality of your guitar reduces through time if you haven't renewed your strings. Can anyone recommend me when I should change strings? I usually renew them every 3months.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
3 months is a good time if you play like 10 minutes a day. Some people change every 2 weeks. It really just depends on how much you play, and how picky you are about your tone. I'd suggest DR tite-fit strings. However a million people are going to say D'addario. Try and experiment with different types of strings, and different brands.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
It all depends on how much you actually play your guitar, and whether you strum them with feather strokes or hammer them like a drum

I would say, change them once they start to lose their original color, and start to turn black, and feel gritty. For me, thats an average of every other month, but it might be different for you. Also, what strings do you use?
you will need new strings once you notice the tone guitar reducing through time
I change mine every time samash decides to throw in a pack of free strings
well i hate d'addarios, blue steel are pretty cool and last for a while, but the best ones in my opinion are the elixir strings.

i change them every month i play a lot, but when it comes to elixir i change them every 3 months.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by locosenor13
It all depends on how much you actually play your guitar, and whether you strum them with feather strokes or hammer them like a drum

I would say, change them once they start to lose their original color, and start to turn black, and feel gritty. For me, thats an average of every other month, but it might be different for you. Also, what strings do you use?

Damn, I guess I'd be changing my strings every two weeks then. At least I don't notice too much of a difference in tone.
Quote by locosenor13

I use Ernie Ball strings. And I do play a lot, after a month I notice the tone quality has dropped.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I change them when they sound dead or feel dead.

Or when I need to switch guage/type.