Poll: Who is your favorite guitarist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who is your favorite guitarist?
Synyster Gates
18 10%
Jimi Hendrix
66 37%
Buckethead
26 14%
Slash
45 25%
Tariqh Akoni
1 1%
Jimi Page
39 22%
Matthias Jabs
1 1%
Neal Schon
1 1%
Eddie Van Halen
33 18%
Dimebag Darrell
27 15%
Voters: 180.
Page 1 of 3
Who is your favorite guitarist (of any era)

My personal is Synyster Gates. I know many would flame me for this choice, but most people base their choices on the style of music they play and he is my favorite. Also, I think he is one of the best guitarist ever, anyone can learn guitar and all the techniques of guitar. Being a amazing guitarist means comming up with new and original riffs and solos and Syn has deffenitly done that.
His rhythm stuff is great but i feel his solos are just kinda, meh.

My personal favorite would be Eddie Van Halen or Randy Rhoads. John Petrucci is also awesome.
my favorite would have to be KK Downing

For his style of soloing, i use to watch him play his solos anywhere i could see him weither it be on tv or the internet an thats how i learned to solo
I have many favorites who I like for different reasons. If I had to pick a player who's style I would most like to emulate it would be Jeff Loomis.
Jeff Loomis. End of story. He wins as the best guitarist and my personal hero.
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
Quote by Pyro1621
Who is your favorite guitarist (of any era)

My personal is Synyster Gates. I know many would flame me for this choice, but most people base their choices on the style of music they play and he is my favorite. Also, I think he is one of the best guitarist ever, anyone can learn guitar and all the techniques of guitar. Being a amazing guitarist means comming up with new and original riffs and solos and Syn has deffenitly done that.

tbh i fink hes amazing guitarist
You should be careful with these threads. Some report it others won`t. I won`t do it, and mine is Tom Morello. His solo`s are awesome! He`s the most original guitarist after Jimi I think. His riff`s are awesome but not so original. For that type of stuff I listen to Muse, with Matthew Bellamy
im gonna get flammed out off my mind but syn gates is pretty good, i also like alexi laiho
out of the list i would say dimebag, but since you are missing a number of great guitarists on this poll, i am not able to vote for my personal favorite. my favorite guitarist is Paul Gilbert.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
yeah, there really should be more options. For me John Frusciante is the best guitarist. While he may be known mainly for his work with RHCP (which i love, and don't discount) he has done work with many many other artists, as well as having a solo career with AMAZING albums. For acoustic work by him get "Curtains," it is a great album. "To Record only Water for Ten Days" is another good one by him.
He can do so many styles, I love it.
Some say he isn't as amazing as some because he doesn't do the shred thing that often, but he has shown that he can do it the same, if not better, than most guitarists, and that he focuses on what the song needs, and how to make the song all it can be, not just a technique show-off every song.

But then, that is just my opinion.
Michael Romeo, Michael Angelo Batio, and Gustavo Guerra are all tied fro first in my books

Please use tags for tabs....
Hendrix, hands down. I go into another world when I listen to his songs. What song isn't there by him thats just pure genious?

Also, all his live performances were different, unlike alot of bands out there that play strictly to the song, instead of improvising.

Next I'd have to say Kurt Cobain, and I'll probably most likely get flamed for it, I just thought his structures for songs were genious.
Out of the ones you listed, Neal Schon.

But really, it's a tie between Nancy Wilson, Alex Lifeson, and Izzy Stradlin.
This is a pretty lame poll, Syn Gates doesn't belong on anyone's favorite guitarist list, he's awful, and also, I haven't even heard of three of these people.
BUT, out of the given options, EDDIE VAN HALEN.
Joe Satriani is awesome
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
None of the guys in the poll and then some.

No poll can possible encompass the number of different options and conditions under which any given guitarist can be declared my favourite.

Right now I'll go with Guthrie Govan, Paul Gilbert and David Gilmour but that may very well be completely different tomorrow.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
None of the guys in the poll and then some.

Guthrie Govan and Paul Gilbert

Damn, just my words.... Though I would put only Guthrie.. His cd is just ****in amazing.
Poll is awful.

My picks would be between John McLaughlin, Paco de Lucia, and David Gilmour
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
From your poll, Dimebag is the only one that would make my top 10. Ill have to say Tommy Emmanuel, Andy McKee or Zakk Wylde.
Satriani, Bellamy and Frusciante

but from that list, Buckethead hands down.

EDIT: oh, and Gilmour. Almost forgot him.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Wheres Becker, satch, gilbert and vai :O
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
One of my favourites at the minute has to be John Petrucci - Dream Theater. Amzing guitarist.
Also, Dave Mustaine for his rhythm playing!
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Matt Bellamy, Richard Z. Kruspe, Emppu Vourinen or Brian May
I DEMAND "OTHER" OPTION!
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Graveworm
Your poll sucks.

+1!
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

This poll sucks... No Vai, Satriani??? Steve Vai is my favorite, but I voted for Slash here...
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
wth is synyster gates up there next to great guitarists?
buckethead all the way
r.i.p. dimebag
I think Mark Tremonti is pretty ****ing awesome.

That list is kinda fail though, no Clapton?
Page 1 of 3