Ok so im looking for a new amp and i found both of these two. They both get pretty good reviews and althought i can only find one or two reviews on the peavey? Anyone played one, own one or the vox and would like to give some advice. I'm mainly looking for a classic rock, hard blues tones but i want it to do everything, sound great + be reliable. Thanks.
If you want the latest tech. and a lot of different tones, Peavey VYPYR all the way. All I tell people is play one and you'll see exactly what I mean. I love mine. I think it trumps the Vox AD series, but the Vox's aren't BAD by any means. Peavey is having some reliability issues though (others had hum and noise issues). I had to exchange mine once because it died, but my second one has been a champ. Zero bugs so far.
The only people that would recommend the Vox haven't heard the VYPYR yet, trust me.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by Ed782
Ok so im looking for a new amp and i found both of these two. They both get pretty good reviews and althought i can only find one or two reviews on the peavey? Anyone played one, own one or the vox and would like to give some advice. I'm mainly looking for a classic rock, hard blues tones but i want it to do everything, sound great + be reliable. Thanks.

Jup, you can really buy the Vox AD There around 10 different dist/od-setting and about six are perfect for classic-rock/blues. I have for two years and NEVER, I mean NEVER had a problem with it.