Okay, i THINK the battery in my ibanez BTB active bass is dead.

Upon buying a new battery and attempting to switch it, i found out that i can't remove the battery cover! It sits flush in the compartment, and i can't get it out!

Any help with solving this problem? I've already tried using a stanley knife around the edge, but i can't even slot it in. How do i get the cover off!
Have you changed it before? Is it screwed in? If you've taken the screws out, you have to keep prodding at it till it comes out, then don't screw it back in as much. I did a similar thing with the control panel on my Ibanez.
umm... I always just turn it over and let it fall. or, if you don't want that, a piece of tape. duct tape might even be overkill, but if it really is wedged, it should get her out.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I've tried tape and almost everything, it's fairly wedged in. I might chance some duct tape, but i doubt it'll have effect.
I know this from my own Road Gear. Before you grab a Stanley knife, I would certainly try The Humanity's elegant and non destructive method.
What I did to prevent the same problem from coming up again, is filing a small notch in one of the sides of the cover. Next time this will enable you to pry it out with the tip of a screwdriver.
Chances are that under the cover your Ebaneezer is also the same as mine, i.e sporting a much too small cavity to make it possible to easily remove the battery. This I solved by wrapping a ribbon around the new battery before I put it in. Whenever I want the battery out, all I have to do is pull the ribbon.
But probably it doesn't end here. On my bass the battery leads are plugged into a rediculously cheap and crappy connector that needs much more force to pull it loose than its flimsy structure can handle. Be very carefull when you disconnect it.

These Ibanez basses are exeptionally well engineered and well build, but it this respect they don't match any $80,- Sonjjing. All Chinese cheapies nowadays come with a battery holder that is push to open, swap pills and click to close, all in a matter of seconds. Pity
also try hitting it softly, knock any loose dirt out. or, if duct tape isn't enough, a string and superglue, then WD-40 it off the cover. or leave it there so you don't have the same problem again.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Marcel Veltman
These Ibanez basses are exeptionally well engineered and well build, but it this respect they don't match any $80,- Sonjjing. All Chinese cheapies nowadays come with a battery holder that is push to open, swap pills and click to close, all in a matter of seconds. Pity

Way to generalize.

My Ibanez battery compartment is awesome. It is push to open, has plenty of space, has a very strong connector, and the connector has plenty of wire to manipulate, but not too much to get in the way.
this happened to me I tried everything then I used heavy duty duct tape and it came out fine. when you get the cover off sand it down so you don't have to use duct tape again.