Poll: Do Northwestern americans have an accent?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do Northwestern americans have an accent?
Yes, you have an accent.
9 38%
No, you guys are boring when you talk.
15 63%
Voters: 24.
Alright, now I know how New England has it's accents well known, Southern USA has it's accents, Rural America has it's accents, and the rest of the world has accents. That's known about everyone, but do we have an accent?

I'm talking about the Pacific Coast, northwest region. Not the rural areas, but us Cityfolk. Do we have an accent to you guys? I'll be willing to provide a sample of what I sound like.

EDIT:
Here's an example of what I sound like:
http://www.soundupload.com/audio/iob2lepgsomksm68
Click listen
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Last edited by cjblack532 at Sep 13, 2008,
Everyone has an accent, you just can't tell for yourself.
LARGE TEXT
Yes, you do. My friend's cousin from Seattle was visiting recently and we made fun of how she said stuff. Twas great fun.
<Han> I love Hitler
Some do, some don't, Masamune.

And, I have no MSN.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote by kaihansen
No, you don't have accents. stupid

LARGE TEXT
No, I don't notice a Pacific Northwest accent. All I know is that some of you put cream cheese on your hot dogs.

EDIT: I know everyone has an accent, but if you told me to imitate somone from Oregon I wouldn't know what to do with my accent.
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
No, I don't notice a Pacific Northwest accent. All I know is that some of you put cream cheese on your hot dogs.

Are we talking about the same Pacific Northwest?
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Holy.
Everyone has an accent, you just can't tell for yourself.

^ this
but who's to say it not the way its supposed to sound????
[except the english]
I don't understand the obsession with cream cheese over here. Honestly. But, I don't put anything on my food. Like, I order my burgers plain.

Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I thought I heard thta people from Washington (state) and surrounding areas put weird stuff such as cream cheese on their dogs.

... What the hell are you on about? The weirdest thing I've seen on a hot dog here is sauerkraut. And when you think about it, everyone from another place in the world has an accent to someone else.
Quote by HighPotency
... What the hell are you on about? The weirdest thing I've seen on a hot dog here is sauerkraut. And when you think about it, everyone from another place in the world has an accent to someone else.

TS confirmed that some people where he lives are obsessed with cream cheese.
Quote by cjblack532
I don't understand the obsession with cream cheese over here. Honestly. But, I don't put anything on my food. Like, I order my burgers plain.

hey you are like the only person I know that also eats burgers plain FINALLY a friend in this meat and bun world!
sometimes while talking, my voice starts to sound like a blend of british and southern american accent. it's ... pretty weird.
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
For the most part, most Northwestern Americans don't have a discernible accent, at least not to other Americans. I speak pretty much the same way, only I often speak in a clear, newscaster type voice. It can be quite strange sometimes.
actually its been shown that people from the northwest have the most "neutral" speech, that is to say we speak with the least accent

just another reason the northwest is better than everywhere else
Quote by Bonesaw
hey you are like the only person I know that also eats burgers plain FINALLY a friend in this meat and bun world!

SAME HERE!!!!!

Plain burgers=amazing.

You see how I didn't even have to add anything to it to make it amazing?

exactly.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
People tell me I have a very faint Southern accent on some words. I've never really heard it, but I can almost kinda believe it. I mean, I talk like my mom. She doesn't have much of an accent anymore, but she's from Mississippi. Everyone can tell she's from the South when they hear her talk.
Anyways, I'm from California, I don't even know what I'm doing in this thread.

::leaves::
Well, I'm from Washington state and I personally think I speak normal, but when I hear people speak from other states like Texas for example, we hear the difference and we think it's weird. I imagine you guys feel the same about us.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.