I'm gonna be getting some Duncan pickups (JB for the bridge, 59 for the neck) and I'm putting them into an Epi G-400.

I was wondering if the pots that come stock on the G-400 will be good or if I should get new pots to get a better tone out of the pickups and if so what should I be looking for?

Thanks!
i'd completely redo all the electronics along with new jack, pots, switches. They will make a difference, less hum as well. also i'd suggest those orange cap pots for your tone controls, VERY good.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by texico11
Get a tube amp.

The bandwagon is so big now, people say it randomly when they don't know shit.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I already have two, genius. Thanks for nothing.

two nice ones at that
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i would change them... even on some expensive guitars, you can get better electronics, so i'd assume you could definitely upgrade the epiphone pots.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?