Hey guys, I'm building a Triangle Muff, and I just wanted to know if the layouts I did for these two bits of the schematic were fine.

Does this look as though it'd work? Jumper leads are in blue, is there a way to lay that out without all the jumper cables, taking about the same amount of space as that, if not less?

Does this look as though it'd work? Also, is there a way to do it taking up less space?

Cheers in advance guys.

- Faisal

EDIT: If anyone wants better pics, I can do it in the DIY layout creator.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Sep 13, 2008,
hey, hope this is going well, not too sure about using veroboard but I can't see how you could shorten it
Quote by thellamaking
hey, hope this is going well, not too sure about using veroboard but I can't see how you could shorten it

Cheers, this is the first time I'm using veroboard.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Stand the bottom resistors up vertically, they're taking up too much room.
Fender USA Telecaster
Laney VC30-210
Vox Wah
That's it :|
Quote by UpTheIrons!
Stand the bottom resistors up vertically, they're taking up too much room.

Cheers, only I don't know where exactly you're talking about.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
dont lay them down flat, stand them up...

like so

(c) Aaron Nelson @ DIY STompboxes

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ah yeah, i was actually thinking about that.

It doesn't matter for the components that are vertical, I've got enough space.

Can anyone help with the actual layout?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
assuming your copper strips are running horizontal, your diodes are short circuited, also like has already been said, stand your resistors vertically, that way you can shrink the area to about 1/4 of the size. Also another tip is instead of using one track per joint, break tracks in half by using a drill bit (by hand) and put it in one of the holes and turn it untill you've removed all the copper

EDIT: ALSO in the second one the resistor and capacitor are in parrell, when they need to be in series with your connection joining the middle of the resistor and capacitor.

DOUBLE-EDIT: ALSO if you spins the capacitor around on the second circuit you can move the ground leg up to the same rail as the grounded resistor, and just have one rail as ground. (Thats the 0.1 capacitor).
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Last edited by HammettHead at Sep 14, 2008,
Yeah, I don't mind about the components not being vertical, I have enough space for them.

Dyou know how I could fix the second one?

Also, what was that about breaking the tracks? I'm knackered at the moment, so I'm sorry that I'm not understanding this.

Also, once I know what I'm doing, I'll do the whole layout in the DIY Layout thing, and post it here.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Sep 14, 2008,
If you take a drill bit to one of the holes, and turn it so you start effectively drilling into the veroboard, you can remove the copper track, and so prevent a short circuit, or give you extra rows. If you remove the copper under the diode then your veroboard layout would work fine.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Ohright, I see.

Couldn't I just solder the leads of the diodes where the jumper wires should be going?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
With the bottom diode you could, with the top diode you'd be better off moving it so it joined the first hole of the 8th row.

ALSO i've noticed a problem with your 0.05uF capacitor, the bottom lead needs to go down to the row of the base leg of the transistor, because currently it's joined between your back to back diodes and the emitter.
Quote by Vindication

Quote by Gemini

I didn't actually..
Oright, could someone redraw the layouts for me? I'm quite nubby with this stuff, I've never made my own layout before.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
In that top diagram, is there meant to be grey squares around the black dots, or is it some crazy optical illusion?
Quote by Meddled
In that top diagram, is there meant to be grey squares around the black dots, or is it some crazy optical illusion?

I see it!
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild