i keep seeing people talking about playing grade A songs or grade 8.... i dont understand
For A-levels to get top grades you need to play a grade 8 piece well.

Quote by a_man
For A-levels to get top grades you need to play a grade 8 piece well.

uh, no you don't. my teacher said the average standard for GCSE is around 3-4 and A Level is 5-6
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
It's basically an English(British?) way of grading musical ability. For nearly all instruments you can take an exam and it proves how skilled you are, going from 1(easiest) to 8(hardest).
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by grifff
What is an example of a grade 8 song?

Use the searchbar, theres a thread somewhere called "what grade is this song?" or something.

here it is https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=579287&highlight=grade+song
Quote by guitarhero_764

is there a place or group that "grades" guitar songs? or is that link mostly subjective to the UGers?