Hey i've gotta do a performance for my music teacher, and i need a piece that is around grade 5 standard or above. it can be pretty much any style. help much appreciated!
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Erm... what skill level are you around? you could always look at rockschool stuff, its pretty damn easy.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Quote by Rvddps
Erm... what skill level are you around? you could always look at rockschool stuff, its pretty damn easy.

I've done Grade 8 RGT

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The one i did was called 'dont flunk the funk" i thinks its a rockschool thing, piece of piss really and thats grade 5
Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
The one i did was called 'dont flunk the funk" i thinks its a rockschool thing, piece of piss really and thats grade 5

Yeah but i'd kinda like a 'proper' piece like last time i played some Vai, but apparently its better if the piece stays around grade 5 level

Quote by phlip999

Quote by Rvddps

this is a good idea.
i did to zanarkand - final fantasy X and got an A grade overall.
pick a piece which you can play 100%. youll get more marks by picking a piece you can play well, then picking a hard piece and missing the odd note.
but of course, choose the hardest piece you can play 100%

as with most things in school, its not about what you want to play, its what you can play thatll get you the most marks.
get grade 5 rock school book from your local music shop, thats what i done they are all piss easy seriously!
Quote by Winsbury
this is a good idea.
i did to zanarkand - final fantasy X and got an A grade overall.
pick a piece which you can play 100%. youll get more marks by picking a piece you can play well, then picking a hard piece and missing the odd note.
but of course, choose the hardest piece you can play 100%

as with most things in school, its not about what you want to play, its what you can play thatll get you the most marks.

you did that piece on guitar?!??

Quote by phlip999

Quote by Winsbury
yeah why?

its a piano piece no? is there a good guitar arrangement of it on here?

Quote by phlip999