im probably getting a XXX combo in a few weeks and i got the idea of, after paying the XXX off, i would buy a 2x12 cab just to add to it. But then i thought... I have no idea how i would be able to hook up a combo to a cab. lol. I've always had combos.

So this leaves me with these two questions,

1. What would i need to do to hook up a 2x12 cab to a 1x12 combo?
2. I was planning on buying the 2x12 empty and buying speakers for it, how would it sound if i paired up with one V30 and one Patriot Texas Heat?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
If the combo has a speaker out jack (which I'm pretty sure the XXX does) you just plug a speaker cable into that and plug the other end into the cab.

I myself have wondered about the effects of mixing a V30 with a Texas Heat - I'm curious as to what it would sound like!
I like the idea of the speakers. Make sure that you match impedance, though. It has a 16 ohm out, which means that you either have to split that signal into speakers directly, or into a 16 ohm cab with speakers wired in.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
bump for ya and ping IbanezPsycho as he's got this stuff down tight. I'm sure you'll find a cab that will match up perfectly and fit well. I thought the XXX was selectable but again either ask in the UltraXXX thread or the Only Valveking thread maybe.

I connected my two combos successfully. Can't say it sounded awesome but I didn't spend much time with it either.
anybody?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
bump for ya and ping IbanezPsycho as he's got this stuff down tight. I'm sure you'll find a cab that will match up perfectly and fit well. I thought the XXX was selectable but again either ask in the UltraXXX thread or the Only Valveking thread maybe.

I connected my two combos successfully. Can't say it sounded awesome but I didn't spend much time with it either.

^ This

if i'm not mistaken the XXX is a 16 ohms of impedence so you want a cab that is 2x8ohmed speakers no? Seriously, go bump the XXX/Ultra/JSX thread.