So I'm starting to think about some things I would like for Christmas. Kinda early I know, but still.

I don't really want anything this year so its hard to think of anything. I'm perfectly fine with getting a few pairs of pants and some shirts, but my mom doesn't like buying that for Christmas. So I thought, I got some vinyls, why not get a player?

Thing is, I don't know which/where to get it. I'm on google looking but I thought I should ask some people who own them. So, help me out guys. Please
i have a panasonic/quasar stereo with a record player, cassette, and radio, w/ optional hookup to TV. i think it sounds great..
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by flipthatchicken
I have Kill 'Em All on vinyl.

Lucky bastard.

I just found Blizzard of Ozz, Piece of Mind and Sabatoge on vinyl
Quote by slayer1516
Lucky bastard.

I just found Blizzard of Ozz, Piece of Mind and Sabatoge on vinyl

Yup, not sure how much it is worth though.
I saw one @ Best Buy for about $100 that also played CDs, cassettes, etc. I don't know if it was a good brand, though.
Quote by flipthatchicken
I have Kill 'Em All on vinyl.

Wanna strat??

i would kill for it.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by flipthatchicken
Yup, not sure how much it is worth though.

I usually see them sell for about $30, which isn't bad for vinyl. Anyways, its a kiler album to own!
Quote by seljer
Technics

I doubt hes going to be mixing so he probably wont need a pair of technics (I wish I had some though).
Quote by DanRev
I doubt hes going to be mixing so he probably wont need a pair of technics (I wish I had some though).

you can listen to music through them normally too, they're not just the pillar DJ the world

I've got an old belt drive one from the 70s that I've fixed up a bit
Do you already have a stereo setup (receiver+speakers)?
and does your your receiver have a phono input?
If you don't have a receiver with a phono input then you'll need to get a phono preamp between the turntable and your receiver or make sure that you get a turntable with a built in preamp.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by seljer
you can listen to music through them normally too, they're not just the pillar DJ the world

I've got an old belt drive one from the 70s that I've fixed up a bit

Yeah but a pair of Technics SL-1200s are way too expensive if you just want to listen to music. Fair enough a belt driven cheaper pair though.
Why does Metallica release all their albums as Vinyl??? They have St. Anger as a record.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...