Well can you name off some good guitar strings. i have a epiphone les paul standard. and play all styles of music. i like bright sounds. i have used gibsons but every body says there crap. so i went to ghs boomers and they went dull. so i just want some pointers.
Quote by sashki
Gibson strings rust quickly.

I recommend D'Addario, which I use all the time. Try the .010-.046 guages for a Les Paul.

Second on the D'Addarios.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Elixirs.

+1
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
ernie ball. daddario's are nasty. sorry for those who use them. why do you use them though? theyre noob strings.. feel is gross
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by sashki
Gibson strings rust quickly.

I recommend D'Addario, which I use all the time. Try the .010-.046 guages for a Les Paul.

wich ones from D'Addario
I use 11's either from Ernie Ball or D'addario depends on which one's in stock at our local music store.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by apak
ernie ball. daddario's are nasty. sorry for those who use them. why do you use them though? theyre noob strings.. feel is gross

Why are they n00b strings?

Many say ernie ball strings feel slinkier than D'addarios. If D'addarios really are tighter, that makes them anything but n00b strings.

And can you honestly feel a difference between string brands? If they're the same guage, made of the same alloy, probably using similar technology, how much of a difference is there? It's all down to quality in the end.

I use them cos I tried them and liked them, and have stuck with them since. I have had the occasional pack of Peavey, Gibson and Ernie Ball strings. They all broke very quickly, for some reason.
Just give all of these brands a try. I did . And ended up liking dr strings the most.tite fits have awesome tone and feel.the black beauties have thin layer of paint on them so they not only look cool but are protected against rust as well buy these you sweaty dogs!
Quote by apak

I actually found that with Ernie Ball strings. I used them for ages, and after about a week of playing, they already felt and sounded very dull. I switched to Elixirs and I've had the same strings for months, but my guitar & fretboard need cleaning.

I'm thinking of trying D'Addiro's, recommended?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Elixir Nanowebs. They keep on feeling new for weeks. I am not going back to Ernie Ball or D Addario.
Either D'addario, DR, or Ghs and you should be good. There isn't a huge difference (as most would have you think) but those three brands that I just mentioned stand out a bit. If anything, don't get Ernie Ball strings.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by apak

i agree ernie ball kick d'addarios ass, only guitar noobs that havnt played for long and dont know their string use them
It doesn't help I can only find the size I like in Ernie Ball strings... so I use them lol.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
If you want bright sounding strings, go straight for D'Addario XL's. I suppose 10-46's are okay for you.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I agree on D'Addario strings they are very good I have tried them, but at the moment I am using "Ernie Ball - Super Slinky" strings and I'm very pleased by the sound and quality they offer
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death ->
The Anciet King of Macedonia - Alexander the Great
I switch between Fender strings and Ernie Balls. To be honest, I prefer the Fenders to most strings.

But, in saying that, there's no such thing as the BEST strings. It's like apples and oranges, it's all preference. So, I'd say just go out and buy some packs of every brand you can, and see what you like best.
Cam Sampbell's my hero