I was thinking of switching to 11's soon because i finally blocked my Edge III, and i want to do more drop tunings. I'm going to be in standard alot, but i want to be able to go to Drop C at the lowest, and basically everything in between..

Would 11s be too much added tension without having it set up?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Well, with a floating trem, you can't just change strings and go. It'll require shitloads of adjustment. I recommend you get a pro to adjust it for you the first time, so it feels right. Afterwards, changing strings of the same guage is fine.

Even if the trem is blocked, you're most likely to have problems.
Quote by sashki
Well, with a floating trem, you can't just change strings and go. It'll require shitloads of adjustment. I recommend you get a pro to adjust it for you the first time, so it feels right. Afterwards, changing strings of the same guage is fine.

Even if the trem is blocked, you're most likely to have problems.

Well with the blocked trem, will it really need that much adjustment? I went through a whole bunch of crap when switching from 9s to 10s while it was still floating, but wouldnt the blocking keep it from need adjusting? Its blocked on both sides, so the trem doesnt move at all.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
I was thinking of switching to 11's soon because i finally blocked my Edge III, and i want to do more drop tunings. I'm going to be in standard alot, but i want to be able to go to Drop C at the lowest, and basically everything in between..

Would 11s be too much added tension without having it set up?

tsk blocking that bridge.... pfff my ibanez has an edge III and i must say it's not that bad as it's supposed to be according to people here...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
tsk blocking that bridge.... pfff my ibanez has an edge III and i must say it's not that bad as it's supposed to be according to people here...

Hey, i really dont use it that much, and it pisses me off not even being able to tune the thing without taking half an hour. Anywayyy, back on topic?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Hey, i really dont use it that much, and it pisses me off not even being able to tune the thing without taking half an hour. Anywayyy, back on topic?

just one more thing? mine doesn't seem to have that problem... i got it as a new guitar literally out of the box with new strings, i even had to break em in, and tuning took me like 5 minutes.

/endofftopic rant
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by MakeItWitChu

Even if it's blocked with two chunks of wood, it's not the same as a hardtail. In its current set up, it's pretty much dependent on the two pieces of wood. The springs don't affect it. Any nudge will move the bridge and mess the whole thing up.

I tried the same thing on a non-locking bridge. But that was ages ago. I've been using the same strings for a few years now.
Quote by sashki
Even if it's blocked with two chunks of wood, it's not the same as a hardtail. In its current set up, it's pretty much dependent on the two pieces of wood. The springs don't affect it. Any nudge will move the bridge and mess the whole thing up.

I tried the same thing on a non-locking bridge. But that was ages ago. I've been using the same strings for a few years now.

The bridge doesnt move even when nudging it..

EDIT: If you guys didnt know, im talking about neck tension... if switching to 11s will hurt/bend the neck

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Sep 13, 2008,