Well, my guitar has been like this for like 2 weeks, but I'm starting to get really tired of it. The whole E string, especially at the 3rd fret, has this horrible buzz. Then the high e is fine everywhere except for the 3rd fret, where it doesn't exactly buzz, it just replaces the normal note with this totally weird, completely off-tune and non-guitar-sounding acute twang. All these problems occur no matter how lightly or firmly I hold the string down.
Do I have to move their saddles, or something? Or do I have to take it to a tech? Please help!
Notorious S.I.G.
what type of guitar?

you can try raising the saddle a little if it's a strat style

or lift the whole bridge if it's a TOM type.

if the strings are old, it might be time to change them,

if there's a dent in the fret, that might be the cause as well.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's a crappy Ibanez GRG, so there is a chance that the fret is screwed up on the high e, at least... I guess I should mess with the bridge a little more and see if the low E responds. Thanks! ^.^
Notorious S.I.G.
well there's a set up thread in my sig.

i think i posted some pics on the last page can help.

and again if the strings are old then swap them out one at a time, and use a similar gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Thanks a lot I raised the action a bit on the top half of the bridge and that helped the low E, but I'm having difficulty on how to approach the high e since it's just that one fret...

EDIT: Never mind, I got that rapscallion of a string to obey my orders as well! Success! Thanks so much
Notorious S.I.G.
Last edited by xenophon979 at Sep 13, 2008,
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62