Page 1 of 2
On my next gear purchase.

I just got the cab for my new amp, so I'm looking to what's next on the block.

Current gearz I'm looking at:

Dean Chrome G
Epiphone Wildkat
Epiphone G400 or SG Custom
Edwards LP Custom
Epiphone Blues Custom 30
Epiphone Valve Standard/Valve Senior
Some sort of OD with true bypass/colorful tone (not a Tube Screamer, or TS clone)
Maybe a fuzz
Maybe some sort of Tremolo

Any other suggestions are welcome

Current Gear:

Ibanez Artcore AXD82P
Starcaster By Fender Strat, heavily modified (don't ask, will not replace)
Vox AD50VT
Crate V33H
Crate Palomino 212
Vox V847
Digitech Screamin Blues
EHX Big Muff
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner

Budget will be decided on when the next item is decided on. Genre is blues and blues and more blues (and Garage Rock, Stoner Rock/Metal type stuff).

EDIT: Priority at this point is a guitar. I'd prefer an SG styled guitar with a vibrola/vibrato of some sort. The cheaper the better.
Last edited by imgooley at Sep 13, 2008,
Get a Matamp! Seriously, I want that Artcore. I'm gonna say G400, you just bought an amp so this time I will go guitar. But, get a white one...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Get a Matamp!

Toshay!

I'm kinda iffy on the G400, though, because I'm not too big a fan of the necks on the Epi's I've played, save the ones with neck binding and the semi's.

I basically am in the need of a solid humbucker guitar so I can set up my Artcore for slide, or vice versa.
Maybe the Edwards then? Or one of the Japanese LP knockoffs, Tokai etc?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
If you get an Edwards I will cry.

<-- Wants one so bad

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I think the LP is great and a solid choice for blues. And i personally would choose the Blues custom 30 amp. For an od, maybe an OCD? I think you should focus on a new guitar and some pedals since you just got that nice V33. BTW, is that Palomino the cabinet you were looking for?
I'm iffy on the Edwards, as I'd have to order one, and I've never played one. I prefer to buy instruments I've played first, because they vary so much.
Quote by mcrfobtai
I think the LP is great and a solid choice for blues. And i personally would choose the Blues custom 30 amp. For an od, maybe an OCD? I think you should focus on a new guitar and some pedals since you just got that nice V33. BTW, is that Palomino the cabinet you were looking for?

Yeah, actually, it works with my amp very well. Played it yesterday for about an hour and a half, cranked the whole time.

It apparently has Celestion 70's in it, but regardless it sounds and looks great. Got it for the same price as the the V33.

How does the OCD sound? I primarily use an OD for a clean boost, but I don't want a really transparent one.
Quote by imgooley
I'm iffy on the Edwards, as I'd have to order one, and I've never played one. I prefer to buy instruments I've played first, because they vary so much.

I really wouldn't worry about it.

You can buy them brand new from Japan (depending on model) for ~$780 (including shipping). If you didn't like it, you could sell it for more than that in the US. Apparently people are stupid here

And for what it's worth, I know a few people who have both an Edwards Les Paul Custom and a Gibson Les Paul Custom, and they all say that the Edwards is easily on par with it sound and quality wise, not to mention they're not chambered like the new Gibsons.

Chambered = Ew
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah, the chambering makes me very sad.
imgooley- I just like LP's because they give a very thick sound, nice for a dirty blues sort of thing. Is the cabinet like a blond color? or is it like you head? The OCD is very... smooth. It has a fabulous distorted sound. I've never actually tried it as a clean boost but you could check youtube for some clips. Not the most accurate but it'll give you a general idea. However, crazy as this may sound, a Bad Monkey is actually a great boost. You probably can do better than that, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Quote by MatrixClaw
I really wouldn't worry about it.

You can buy them brand new from Japan (depending on model) for ~$780 (including shipping). If you didn't like it, you could sell it for more than that in the US. Apparently people are stupid here

And for what it's worth, I know a few people who have both an Edwards Les Paul Custom and a Gibson Les Paul Custom, and they all say that the Edwards is easily on par with it sound and quality wise, not to mention they're not chambered like the new Gibsons.

Chambered = Ew

Do you know what shipping is like on that?
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, the chambering makes me very sad.
imgooley- I just like LP's because they give a very thick sound, nice for a dirty blues sort of thing. Is the cabinet like a blond color? or is it like you head? The OCD is very... smooth. It has a fabulous distorted sound. I've never actually tried it as a clean boost but you could check youtube for some clips. Not the most accurate but it'll give you a general idea. However, crazy as this may sound, a Bad Monkey is actually a great boost. You probably can do better than that, but I'm just throwing it out there.

The Screamin Blues is very similar to the BM, and I need true bypass. If there's a mod for the SB for true bypass, I'm down.

I'll check out the OCD on the tube.

The cab is cream and gold, and I'll have pictures as soon as I pick it up.
Quote by imgooley
Do you know what shipping is like on that?

The shipping from most Japanese sites is $120. The price I gave ($780) is what Ishibashi quoted me, shipped for a brand new E-LP-98LTC.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by imgooley
The Screamin Blues is very similar to the BM, and I need true bypass. If there's a mod for the SB for true bypass, I'm down.

I'll check out the OCD on the tube.

The cab is cream and gold, and I'll have pictures as soon as I pick it up.

Nice. hmm, I didn't really like the screamin' blues when I had it. I exchanged it for a bad monkey. It was too fuzzy and harsh for me. I don't know any mods for the SB but I'll look around. However, if you grab an OCD, you will ditch the Sb. I'm at a crossroads. I don't know if I want an OCD or to build an OD. Decisions, decisions.
Quote by MatrixClaw
The shipping from most Japanese sites is $120. The price I gave ($780) is what Ishibashi quoted me, shipped for a brand new E-LP-98LTC.

Will keep an eye out. That's on the edge of what I would want to spend right now, so it would be on the back burner for a while.

Do they make an SG custom style guitar?
Quote by imgooley
Will keep an eye out. That's on the edge of what I would want to spend right now, so it would be on the back burner for a while.

Do they make an SG custom style guitar?

Yeah, they make a copy of ever Gibson model, as well as some Kramers and Fenders and then the regular ESPs.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by mcrfobtai
If 900 is your budget you could also look into a used Epi LP Elitest. VERY nice guitars.

TBH, I prefer SG's to LP's. And the cheaper the better.
Quote by imgooley
TBH, I prefer SG's to LP's. And the cheaper the better.

<--- Is selling a Gibson Faded SG.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
<--- Is selling a Gibson Faded SG.

<---------- Will not have money for a new guit for about 2 months.

Do you have a link to the site you saw the Edwards on?
Quote by imgooley
<---------- Will not have money for a new guit for about 2 months.

Do you have a link to the site you saw the Edwards on?

Damn

Yeah, there's a few:

www.ishibashi-music.com
www.ikebe-gakki.com
www.katanaguitars.com
www.guitarjapan.com

Plus the others I can't remember right off hand
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
How much is 75,000 Yen in USD? lol.

Do you know if it's a bound neck on the SG?
Quote by imgooley
How much is 75,000 Yen in USD? lol.

Do you know if it's a bound neck on the SG?

75,000 Yen is $694.70 USD. You can figure that out by typing in Yen to USD on google or something, there's a bunch of calculators out there for it.

No idea if it's bound or not, why not look it up on the Edward's website?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
^The yen thing was a joke .

Ok, gonna try and find the Edwards site.
Quote by Iceman 420
http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

God, I get so much GAS from it...

Me too...

I've seen tons of Gibson Black Beauties like that... but for some reason, the Edwards is the only one that makes me go
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Iceman 420
OH.

Get it, get it, get it!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

If I'm going to spend over $1000 on a guitar, it's going to have to wait until next year

$500 or more is going to have to wait 2-3 months
Quote by imgooley
If I'm going to spend over $1000 on a guitar, it's going to have to wait until next year

$500 or more is going to have to wait 2-3 months

Well...get half now and get the other half later!
Quote by Iceman 420
Well...get half now and get the other half later!

+1, this is obviously the answer to your problems!

I would do it!!!

Uhhh... Sell other guitar and Vox to fund awesome SG?

That SG is pretty sweet though, I saw it last night when I was lookin at their other models on their site. Unfortunately, I'm all GASed out on SGs since I have 3
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ahh, beautiful SG. Yeah, definetly sell some stuff there. Can you really deprave yourself of such a beautiful guitar?
Quote by MatrixClaw
+1, this is obviously the answer to your problems!

I would do it!!!

Uhhh... Sell other guitar and Vox to fund awesome SG?

The reason I need another guitar is because I need another one guitar set up for slide, and one for regular playing. And the Vox stays until I get another amp to cover the other sounds I need.

So selling is not an option right now.

I really don't want to spend that much on a guitar right now.
<----Is willing to get rid of his Washburn WI64 (quilt top)

Anyways, an OCD sounds like a good choice
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
<----Is willing to get rid of his Washburn WI64 (quilt top)

Anyways, an OCD sounds like a good choice

You have a comment on your page
I would reccomend an Epi Les Paul, or a Fender Standard Tele. What do you do for work? I have a side job that could earn me a used '57 Strat in a month- 4 months.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by lespaul#1
I would reccomend an Epi Les Paul, or a Fender Standard Tele. What do you do for work? I have a side job that could earn me a used '57 Strat in a month- 4 months.

I'm a student and I work at Fed Ex ground. Money is scarce.

I don't want a Les Paul enough to get an Epi, and if I were to get an Epi solid body, it would be a G-400 or SG Custom.

As far as the Standard Tele, I don't need another single coil guitar.
I'm a freshman, but I work for a family member, I thought the Tele would be a good last resort. Maybe an lbanez, but the good ones, maybe a hollowbody.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Page 1 of 2