what is a tube amp that would have good tone for john mayer, srv, bb king, led zeppelin, rhcp, and stuff like that. also what kind of wattage would be able to play over drums?
+1 esp bro. Classic 30's do that well. Maybe a Blues Junior too but for a clean sound you will probably need 30w. Also look at a Peavey Delta Blues, a Fender blues deluxe, fender HRD and an Epiphone Blues Custom 30
+1 for the 30. If you want more headroom, maybe a Classic 50.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
ummmmm, page used a plexi, good luck keeping one of those under control for bedroom practice :P (didnt he mod it to run 200watts?)

But yeah, the classic would do quite nicely.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
what's your budget?

no point in suggesting a classic 30 if you can afford a JTM45.
Quote by al112987
what's your budget?

That could not be better put.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by al112987
what's your budget?

funny...i just saw some of those clips you posted in the 'vintage' thread tonight and i thought they were killer.

*adjusts GAS money once again*

Quote by mcrfobtai
+1 esp bro. Classic 30's do that well. Maybe a Blues Junior too but for a clean sound you will probably need 30w. Also look at a Peavey Delta Blues, a Fender blues deluxe, fender HRD and an Epiphone Blues Custom 30

(If you go with Fender) Having owned a Blues Jr. and Hot Rod 212, I'd definitely say to go the Blues Jr. route. It is plenty loud and the Deville is insanely loud (so much that it can't reasonably be played at its best tone [in most situations]). Otherwise, the Deluxe is a good choice too if you need something more.
Last edited by 4regt4 at Sep 14, 2008,
Check out Two-Rock.
Assuming you have a budget, the Classic 30 is worth a look. Although I can't but think it's slightly overrated on these boards
I would have said a Vox AC15, but, looks like I've been out voten.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Blumn, how bout sharing your budget? So we can actually be of some real help? Would you consider used gear? What major city do you live near? (not stalking...)
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
funny...i just saw some of those clips you posted in the 'vintage' thread tonight and i thought they were killer.

*adjusts GAS money once again*

The Udo Pipper clips?

Yeah, his amp sounds incredible. He has talked about some of the specs of his amps over at some other boards, I'd love to mod mine to his specs sometime down the road, because the tone he gets is simply flawless.

The pickups he is using sound incredible as well (WCR Bet Set). That along with the JTM45 along with the pre-Rola Celestions, I think its impossible not to get good tone.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 14, 2008,