The last time i changed strings on my hellraiser i switched my emg 81/85 combo around because i've heard some metal players use the 85 in the bridge so i figured i'd do it for a change. It sounds pretty good for detuned stuff but in standard tuning its hard to play metallica and scooped stuff, just too dark. So i was wondering, i dont want to buy new strings but wanna switch the pickups back around. can i just loosen the strings and switch the pickups or will this mess up the strings/intonation, etc.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Why don't you just do it? If it doesn't work, you'll just end up buying a new pack of strings anyways. nothing lost.
The setup:
Fender MIM Fat Strat (midnight wine)
Fender Blues DeVille 410
Digitech GNX3 Multi-effect
Fender CD140SCE Acoustic-Electric
Quote by SkateEmerica987
The last time i changed strings on my hellraiser i switched my emg 81/85 combo around because i've heard some metal players use the 85 in the bridge so i figured i'd do it for a change. It sounds pretty good for detuned stuff but in standard tuning its hard to play metallica and scooped stuff, just too dark. So i was wondering, i dont want to buy new strings but wanna switch the pickups back around. can i just loosen the strings and switch the pickups or will this mess up the strings/intonation, etc.

is it bolt on or set neck? if it is bolt on you can loosen the strings, unscrew the neck and quickly change the pick-ups. if it's set neck, i dunno
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by SkateEmerica987

I tried yesterday for the first time. Pretty easy : loose all your strings then swap your pickups. You just have to mess around with strings a little bit to remove the pickup but its not a big deal. And it takes less time then removing the strings, swap the pickups and after put new strings
Why in the world would you take the neck off?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Loosen the strings and just go for it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Just replace strings anyway. Should do it every few months imo as it is. Had to string and re-spring a pick up on my friends esp (floydd rose trem) GIANT PAIN IN THE ARSE
yes its a set neck, but wouldnt unscrewing it totally mess up the sustain and stuff once its put back togather?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
Quote by SkateEmerica987
yes its a set neck, but wouldnt unscrewing it totally mess up the sustain and stuff once its put back togather?

set neck = no unscrewing. although i dont know why you would need to for a pickup swap anyway.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club