Just curious.

Trying to grow my hair out. I've always cut it before it gets to long because it starts to get kinda poofy. But I'm gonna let it grow this time around.

Any tips?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
depends how well you take care of it, remember to take an inch off every 3 months. oh that reminds me, i need to do that :P. mines like, just past my shoulderblades and it's been growing probably 15 months now.
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Depends if your hair is curly, took me nearly 2 years to get my super curly hair down to just below my shoulders

I looked ridiculous though...
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by whatamidoinhere
Depends if your hair is curly, took me nearly 2 years to get my super curly hair down to just below my shoulders

I looked ridiculous though...

Danggit.

I have curly,thick hair.

My hair right now is a bit shorter than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu8iMOE_SQ&feature=related

Which leads me to believe although I have curly,thick hair I can still grow some nice looking long hair lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
3 seconds.

Oh wait that's my....

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I haven't had it cut at all for nearly four years and it goes down to about three quarters of my back if that makes sense.
Come at me bro.
Just for the record, what happens when my hair gets even poofier than it is now? lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I dunno, it's always been like this.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Hair grows .5 millimeters a day, so your hair is the same length as someone with straight hair it jsut doesnt look like it
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Well, it took me about eighteen months to grow it from around eye level to down to my chest. But it's been cut again now, just above my shoulders, so it'll be back to it's old length in about a year probably.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mrwaffles
Take it to the Hair Thread.
*reported*

...wut hair thread....
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
poofy? how?

should take a few months to grow. You should get the split ends trimmed off every 6-8 weeks or so because that keeps your hair healthier so that it will grow slightly faster. When it gets "poofy" you could see if they can take some of the weight out of your hair so it isn't as "poofy," or find a product that you can use in your hair to kind of avoid that I guess.
Quote by playonwords
poofy? how?

should take a few months to grow. You should get the split ends trimmed off every 6-8 weeks or so because that keeps your hair healthier so that it will grow slightly faster. When it gets "poofy" you could see if they can take some of the weight out of your hair so it isn't as "poofy," or find a product that you can use in your hair to kind of avoid that I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu8iMOE_SQ&feature=related

A little shorter than Matt Heafy's hair here. Still, poofy.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
My hair turns into a freaking afro. The upside, when i wear a headband, i look like hendrix!
Fighting on the internet is like racing in the special olympics: EVEN IF YOU WIN, YOU'RE STILL RETARDED!
Quote by playonwords
ooooh, okay :]

Get like anti-frizz product or something. That will help tame it a bit, and if your hair is that thick too, when you get it trimmed, see if they can take some of the weight out. That will help it poof out less :3

Like asking my hair-cutter person to take weight out of my hair?

Hm. Never heard of that before. Idk. might try. And I WILL look into anti fizz.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by mrwaffles
Take it to the Hair Thread.
*reported*

Take it to the Get Bent thread.

That said, I shaved all mine off at the beginning of the year, and it still barely comes down over my ears. I'm fairly confident I looked like a total douche with long hair, but, man, playing guitar just hasn't been the same without it.

Bonus tip: Don't go to Wal-Mart and buy the cheapest clippers they have and try to shave your head with them. Nothing good has ever come of it.
You're*
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Like asking my hair-cutter person to take weight out of my hair?

Hm. Never heard of that before. Idk. might try. And I WILL look into anti fizz.

heh yeah, I have to for my hair. It's really really thick so they just like, well I don't know what they do but it feels so much lighter after.

Yeah anti-frizz and mousse. They make a lot of products for poofy hair so you just kind of have to try a lot of different kinds to figure out which works best for you :]
Quote by slayaplaya
why do you want longer hair??
it just gets in the way when you fap.

huh? WHAT?

oh, sh*t!

Use scrunchies brah. Or better yet use a GUITAR CAPO!!!!. There, now all headbangers can fap!

I've solved yet another worldwide problem lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: