Hello,

Just have a few questions about these amps.
Firstly, what's the difference between Mesa Boogies Single, Dual and Triple rectifier?
Secondly, what's the difference between the 5150 and 6505?
Thirdly, between Peavey and Mesa Boogie, which is of better quality?

Thanks!
I don't really know the difference between the Mesa's other than the amount of rectifiers in the circutry. But the 5150 and the 6505 are the same amp.
5150 and 6505 are the same thing, different name.

Single recto has 1 tube recto, double has 2, triple has 3, and they are 50/100/150 watts respectively. I'm not sure on tonal difference, i never compared them.

Also, the diff b/w Peavey and mesa recto is that the peavey is tighter and more middy. the mesa is really good for rhythm shit imo. the gain on both sound sorta the same. also mesa is more versatile. both sound pretty crappy at lower volumes though. best bet is to try them yourself and decide
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
wattage. single: 50 watts
dual: 100 watts
triple: 150 watts.

less watts= faster breakup. better for lower volumes

5150 and 6505 is the same thing. different looks and name. 6505 is newer.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by kayman121
5150 and 6505 are the same thing, different name.

Single recto has 1 tube recto, double has 2, triple has 3, and they are 50/100/150 watts respectively. I'm not sure on tonal difference, i never compared them.

Also, the diff b/w Peavey and mesa recto is that the peavey is tighter and more middy. the mesa is really good for rhythm shit imo. the gain on both sound sorta the same. also mesa is more versatile. both sound pretty crappy at lower volumes though. best bet is to try them yourself and decide

Dont rectos have solid state rectos?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
single recto has a solid state recto, and I'm pretty sure the dual and triple have switchable between tube and solid state rectos.
Also, note that the Single recto has 2 channels, the Dual and Triple have 3 (except for the first production models, which were all 2 channel, and are said to be the best sounding rectifiers to date).

While the Peaveys aren't badly made, I've had several break down mid-gig. The same can't be said for the Mesas, which are built like tanks.
I've owned a triple rectifier, sold it and bought a 6505+.

Whilst the recto is undoubtedly a great amp, it just has no tightness whatsoever, it served me great as an all rounder, but once I no longer needed an all rounder amp and just wanted an overt rock/metal amp I immediately headed for the 6505 for tightness and punch.

Completely depends on what you need, I couldn;t do the majority of the gigs I used to with the 6505 but I can do the gigs I do now far better than I could with the recto.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Ahh, so the 6505 is a rock/metal type.
What sort of genre is the Recti?
And what kind of differences are there in the sound of the single, dual and triple?
Quote by Shortay
Ahh, so the 6505 is a rock/metal type.
What sort of genre is the Recti?
And what kind of differences are there in the sound of the single, dual and triple?

The rectos cover most bases I found, I just don't think they're exemplary at any of them.

Really the only difference is headroom between the Singles, Duals and Triples.
Domine Non Es Dignus
The Rectifiers excel at huge sounding metal and rock tones. They take alot of tweaking to dial out the high end fuzz and flubby lows, but once you've found some decent settings, they'll rip your face off.
I've heard them do lots of in between sounds - gritty blues, country spank etc, but if those are the sounds you're looking for, there are other amps from the Mesa range that'd suit you much better.
The single recto can get a bit more growlly. Mainly because of the 50 watt power ratting. The dual and triple sound the same. Just different power ratings.

5150 and the 6505 are the same amp.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12