So I was looking around on the internet to order some nice, plastic picks... when i came across $10 WOODEN PICKS! http://www.surfpick.com/

and these aren't like $10 for 10 picks... its PER PICK

and i was reading how AMAZING these picks are
so 2 questions:

do wooden picks in general make you guitar sound more mellow?

and is this site http://www.surfpick.com/ totally BS?
I don't buy picks, period. 10 dollars is too much for something you are probably going to lose
i have used wood picks for years because i think it give you a warmer sound. im all about getting the warmest sound i can get.
thats why i only use tube amps, not only that, i only wear tube socks, they're warmer.

hahah j/k, if you really wanted to try out a wooden pick you could make your own easily.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i have used wood picks for years because i think it give you a warmer sound. im all about getting the warmest sound i can get.
thats why i only use tube amps, not only that, i only wear tube socks, they're warmer.

hahah j/k, if you really wanted to try out a wooden pick you could make your own easily.

Probably, but on the site it says he uses a special wood. I'd be interested to try one, that's for sure. Maybe somebody on this site uses one?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Im not spending $10 on a tiny piece of wood that im going to lose eventually anyway. I can see how the thickness of your pick makes a difference to the sound of your guitar but i cant see how the material the pick is made from makes any difference at all.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Last edited by Mortalitas at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by chea_man

Lol, I'm not a fan of warm tones,but I do play surf. The only thing a warm tone is good for IMO is blues.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I used to work in a store and we had some picks made out of every material you could imagine, wood, metal, pearl, whatever.

Some went up to 50$ each pick!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
I use small pencils sometimes.

Yeah, sounds quite mellow.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
That means I could sell the metal picks i'm making in school and make a fortune .
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
someone's laughing all the way to the bank here
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.