Page 1 of 2
that you know

For me it's Wet Sand by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I spent hours trying to nail it the past couple of days and now today my 1st and second fingers on my left hand hurt like shit.

Amazing solo though.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Last edited by Eighteen4Ever at Sep 13, 2008,
Guitars Suck by Bumblefoot gave me some soar fingers when I first tried to learn it.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
The effort necessary to do almost any Steve Vai song or Metallica solo from my calf muscle is unholy.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Twist of fate
Free Bird definitely

This, but only if you're a man and play an improvised section at the end.
a lot of marty friedman stuff, "lake Bodom" is pretty painful too. oh yea and Cowboys from hell if you have widley spaced frets like i do on my jackson
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
hmmm
knock me down, RHCP
had to learn how to slap for the first time
got a blister under a blister on my pointer
Quote by Globocop
Guitars Suck by Bumblefoot gave me some soar fingers when I first tried to learn it.

AMEN.

The tapping parts I can kind of pull through with moderate success, but when you get to 1:30 you can hear your tendons snap when you try it out.
i ****ed my fiddle finger in the ass today whjne i was playing the soloish part of canon
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
right now i'm trying to learn john mayer's acoustic version of neon. and the thumb bass notes are really hurting my thumb

but solos, i say any Steve Vai stuff, i usually just learn the main chorus bit or the start of the song.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I'm learning Cliffs Of Dover, it's easy enough, but I've got some wonderful calluses now.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by st.stephen
If it hurts to play it then you probably have bad technique.

Most likely...

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
A change of seasons
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Psycho holiday, those big finger stretches combined with how much effort it takes to get it in the bag and the extensive use of pinky makes it a painful solo
Haha, I'm listening to A Change of Seasons now!

Nothing really hurts for me, some songs are just difficult. But hours of playing anything standing up is painful, my strap is terrible. Doesn't go high enough
Quote by TheBurningFish
The effort necessary to do almost any Steve Vai song or Metallica solo from my calf muscle is unholy.

Thats too good to go un-noticed
Wear the eye patch Bret, Wear the Funky Funky eye patch...

Quote by Tallman

You, sir, should be knighted.

Last edited by coolo : Today at 00:00 AM. Reason: ???
I was playing a song for a girls exam at my school and it's all barre chords. I use 12 gauge strings on my acoustic because I like the sound, and my action is far from low and my hand cramps up something chronic. It's not a solo, but it burns like hell.

The solo from "In the Fire" by the Roadrunner United All Star sessions killed my fingers when trying to learn it. I had to stop because my fingers were hurting so badly from those bends after the first small section of the solo and never picked it up again. I really should.
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
that you know

For me it's Wet Sand by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I spent hours trying to nail it the past couple of days and now today my 1st and second fingers on my left hand hurt like shit.

Amazing solo though.

that solo isn't hard.
Am I Evil?-Metallica

Holy freaking crap...
The Pit. The Movie.
Freidman stuff, especially Hanger and Holy Wars, just because he likes to play big stretches (like Tornado of Souls) and also he plays (sometimes, like in holy wars) on the 20-24 frets on the E A D strings, which is not THAT hard sitting, but standing up it's REALLY hard to stretch that far, especially on a low hung guitar.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by Spay
Am I Evil?-Metallica

Holy freaking crap...

Wow are you serious? And it's originally by diamond btw.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Wow are you serious? And it's originally by diamond btw.

Yes, I know that it's originally by them.

It's just the length and the amount of times that it goes out of key and uses passing tones. Those are what really throw me off.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Spay
Yes, I know that it's originally by them.

It's just the length and the amount of times that it goes out of key and uses passing tones. Those are what really throw me off.

Well I guess if you look at it that way, but I would consider it a pretty simple solo.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by Globocop

world's most insane song. i can barely get the intro and that's at about 2/3 speed if that. the thimble part is fun though.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by DSchmitty
Well I guess if you look at it that way, but I would consider it a pretty simple solo.

Mind you, I've only been playing for a little over a year. I still have endurance issues. My mind knows all the notes, but my fingers aren't quite strong enough to keep up.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by arizonagt
world's most insane song. i can barely get the intro and that's at about 2/3 speed if that. the thimble part is fun though.

The thimble part is what makes it so hard for me. I can't seem to play it correctly at the right tempo. I always tap the thimble at the wrong spots.

The rest of the song is managable, IMO.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Quote by Spay
Mind you, I've only been playing for a little over a year. I still have endurance issues. My mind knows all the notes, but my fingers aren't quite strong enough to keep up.

For a little over a year , congrats, I didn't get to play electric for 2 years thanks to my parents, had to play acoustic. Just do simple exercises like endless trills (hammers and pull offs on the same note over and over) and just solid down picking and alternate picking (like blast beats) so you over strengthen your muscles.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Curse Of Castle Dragon, if you play it standing up.

Reaching that 24th fret, picking really fast, trying to stay clean and the bolt on neck's heel is stabbing into your hand gets incredibly painful if you play it standing up.

Or

The string skips at the end of Scarified, again, standing up, if you play them without a fancy position while standing, you get cramps in your hand ><
yea if its really painful u should slow down making your hands hurt isnt gonna make u no better i have a hard time playin the intro to "the sleep" by pantera and i came to the conclustion that my hands arnt big enough so i sweep it instead
the master of puppets solo can be rather painful at the beginning especially
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X1WirRw0lk

this

i learned it, but my pinky hurts a bit after i was playing it for about an hour or so.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Twist of fate
Free Bird definitely

This, i tried hard, but quit cause i couldnt do it, and went and cried in the corner of my room for a few hours
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Necrophagist

/thread
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Page 1 of 2