hey guys, Ive been thinking of putting a bigsby rig on my telecaster nashville deluxe...

how much work would need to be done? would I need to rip my existing bridge right out, or could I just not use the string holes in the guitar, and instead just put them under the bar of the bigsby some how? also, how much would all this cost approx, including purchase of the bigsby, and how long would it take?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Probably be hard enough and expensive enough where you'd be better off buying a guitar with that comes with a bigbsy.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
bigsby's actually aren;t that hard to install. I think with a tele requires a little bit more, but not that much. almost as simple as putting the thing on there, using the string provided to make sure everything is inline and screw the sucker down.

There are a couple of installing videos on youtube. But now that i think about it, maybe it was a tele that did require a lot more work... i think they do one on a youtube video you'll have to check
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
ive seen it done, but cant seem to find anything on string-through-body style guitars...do the holes in my guitar just remain empty, covered up from the bridge?
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Feel free to make your Tele slightly better than everyone else's.

EDIT: I believe the string-through holes remain but covered by the bridge, I suppose putting the bigsby on is a commitment becuase if you ever want to revert to a set bridge you're left with holes from drilling, but if you know the limits of a bigsby bridge then you'll be fine.
Last edited by thellamaking at Sep 13, 2008,
ok, thanks guys
Quote by bucktheduck

Quote by DieGarbageMan

The bridge that comes with the Bigsby for the Tele (the B5 model) is a piece of junk. Better price in a roller bridge with planning.