Fender Jim Root Artist Series Telecaster Electric Guitar
19 20%
Jackson KVX10 X King V Electric Guitar
15 16%
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR Electric Guitar
49 53%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
Hello,My Name is the M3tal.As you know,i had another guitar thread which indicated what guitar i wanted this year but i closed it due to me finding other guitar which are useful instead of just two.In this thread,the Main difference is that there are more Choices.Please Vote as this THREAD AND POLL WILL BE CLOSED ON DECEMBER 20TH!.PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE IF ABLE.

(Some things to know about me is that im a Rhythm Guitarist, I Like Thrash Metal(Metallica,A7X,Disturbed,etc.),Classical Rock (GNR,Van Halen,Nirvana,etc.).I like to play guitar (Obviously) and the UG Community.

Equipment (Currently):

AMP:Peavey ValveKing 112 Combo Amp

PEDAL:Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal

Guitar Choices:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Electric Guitar/Black Finish

Epiphone Les Paul Ultra-II Electric Guitar/Ebony Finish

Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy EX Electric Guitar

Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX Electric Guitar

Epiphone Futura Prophecy FX Electric Guitar with Floyd Rose Tremolo

Fender Jim Root Artist Series Telecaster Electric Guitar (Telecasters are My 2nd Personal Favorite)

Jackson KVX10 X King V Electric Guitar

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR Electric Guitar

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR Electric Guitar/Black

There is my new selection,hope everyone likes it.I will be adding a Poll Tommorow which means if anyone else has another selection for me to refer too than post here befor SEPTEMBER 14 2008.

Post Away and Tell Me What you Think.
Heres what I think... NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHAT ****ING GUITAR YOU WANT.
^ Hey.. He just wants advice, if you don't want to help then **** off.
Out of those choices I'd say the C-1 Hellraiser, but I havn't had any experience with the Epi Prophecy guitars. You should consider some other Jacksons thought not just the KVX10. Maybe a DKMG, RR3, KV2, all nice guitars, and better than the X10.
HI
im sorry, i'm not going to say that no one gives a shit, but honestly TS why would you want someone else pick your guitar for you?

you're not even almost narrowed down in your decision.

whatever.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Save mom and dad's money, wait til christmas. Tell santa you want a Gibson, he'll understand. Even though you don't right now, santa will. He knows what's best.

P.S. All the noobs will say "PICK SCHECTER"
Thanks StratPat for the advice and support, Hes A Douche.

Nan0,Im 16 years old,Santa dead lol.

POLL IS UP GUYS,Vote Ahead and thanks for the help.
Quote by nan0
Save mom and dad's money, wait til christmas. Tell santa you want a Gibson, he'll understand. Even though you don't right now, santa will. He knows what's best.

P.S. All the noobs will say "PICK SCHECTER"

What do you mean the noobs.. It's the best guitar listed.
HI
Just a reminder for some of those flaming "we don't give a ****" people,

IF you don't give a **** then gtfo of the thread,its called the "back" button or the "X" Button.Seriously i just want advice for a guitar from the community,not from flaming retards who waste everyone's time.Dang,seriously....
I'd say get the Hellraiser...but you did say you where a rythme guitarist, so you wouldn't realy need the FR, it would just complicate things more than they need to be. Schecter has a Hellraiser with a fixed bridge, same guitar basicly minus the FR, I would look into that.

You also might want to go delete your other thread
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
buy it yourself. goddamn. just walk into a store and play a guitar. dont let UG people choose for you. Ug people love schecters and i think ibanezes. most people i know in real life hate both. test them yourself. please. do yourself a favor. my friend asked if a guitar was good, UG says yes. he buys it ebay. and guess what. it plays like shit. i was a schecter btw.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The fact that people are telling you to buy the James Root tele makes me want to puke. *BRB Puking*
Wow... you've managed to waste a LOT of time into making this all "formal", and "businessy".

good job!

btw... most people will just not read it due to the longness of it and the requirement of an attention needed to fully sit through it.
O O

___
Hellraiser.
That's all I need to say. Its quality is outstanding, and it's better than a LOT of the guitars you suggested.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Seriously dude get a Paul Reed Smith SE Custom or SE Singlecut. Especially coz you are rhythm guitarist and they are very versatile as far as sound goes. That way you can just use effects and distortion etc. to make it sound like a Tele or a Hellraiser or whatever else your into.
You guys are probably right,Ill go to Guitar Center tomorrow to test all guitars listed above,hey maybe i might even close this thread since i might find.(TheBax was right) All I know is 3 things,im definably gonna have to test the schecter out too see if it "really that good",the other is that i might buy a les paul based guitar since i love les pauls.

Which Les paul would you guys buy for metal from Epiphone or Gibson Which is in the 800-1000$ zone.Ill go test it out tommorow if you tell me.

EDIT:I will also tryout the PRS Custom/Single Cut,I heard its especially good for rythym guitarist who play classic rock and metal.Thx agian guys
honesty, with so many choices, you havent played any of them, have you??
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Schecter FTW!!!!
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
yup ive played everyone except the jackson :P I just need some opinions for now and then when its christmas,i select which one i buy.....after that you wont see me for a while
hellraiser, though i haven't tried all the others to say 100%
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Well... I'm not a noob by any means, but I still say go for a Schecter C-1.

If I were you, I would buy the C-1 Classic, or the Hellraiser FR.

Although Epiphone makes damn good guitars for their prices...

I don't see how people can say that they are a "rhythm" guitarist.... Do you mean you play rhythm in a band? I can't seem to comprehend limiting your guitar playing to just rhythm.

Eventually you are going to want to play some solos, or at least some melodies....
I think you should get an Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy. But then again, I'm biased as the Les Paul is my favourite guitar shape of all time.

That and I enjoy when people shred on Les Pauls.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Let me put it in a way everyone understands ,

Imagine i was James Hartfield of metallica,that's my position in the band without the singing.

Yes,I am a rhythm guitarist (Synth. Guitar For Short)
Quote by Th3 M3tal

Imagine i was James Hartfield of metallica,that's my position in the band without the singing.

I'm not stupid.... But whatever...

I still say Schecter C-1
The Jackson is more for leads, so yeah. Id hate to say it, but go with the schecter
Oh wait im not trying to make you look stupid.

Just giving an example lol.Trust me,I wouldn't be that unconsiderate
Quote by Th3 M3tal
Oh wait im not trying to make you look stupid.

Just giving an example lol.Trust me,I wouldn't be that unconsiderate

Alright.....
Quote by Th3 M3tal

HI
Well I just found out that the Schecter C-1 FR isn't meant for Rythym but the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 is.The Main difference is that there is no FR between both .....lol.....but seriously i need to test out these guitar tommorow.Once I do that i might close the thread because you never know....i might find the guitar that suits me.If that does happen i wanna thank you guys for all the help.
PLAY THEM!! I can understand choosing between let's say two or three model LPs but you are all over the place with that list.

Also, when did GnR, Van Halen, Nirvana become classic rock?
Hey Meta,Ive Been told to play them like 10 times already.......thanks for the reminder though -_-.

Oh and I call it classical rock since...well...there for classics from the past.Theyre not the only bands i like though :P

EDIT:Got to go guys,hope this thread stays alive for tonight.Ill see you guys tommorows and thanks for voting.Peace
Last edited by Th3 M3tal at Sep 13, 2008,
Schecter. Nice Thick mahogany tones for rhythm (wholly moley is spelt rhrythm right)
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Well just came back from guitar store and i have played every instrument in guitar center.I have come down to two decision, AND 1 I HAVEN'T EVEN KNOWN ABOUT.Here They Are.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Electric Guitar

ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Signature Electric Guitar (Aged Primer Grey)

Even Though The Signature is 1000.00,It worth it.......and i also have 1500 dollars coming my way .Well nice voting with you guys.Ill have to pick between these two great guitars.I will make a new post on december with the amp and Guitar that i bought.Thx for everyones help.

THREAD CLOSED!
Last edited by Th3 M3tal at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by StratPat
^ Hey.. He just wants advice, if you don't want to help then **** off.
Out of those choices I'd say the C-1 Hellraiser, but I havn't had any experience with the Epi Prophecy guitars. You should consider some other Jacksons thought not just the KVX10. Maybe a DKMG, RR3, KV2, all nice guitars, and better than the X10.

the prophecy GX is not that good
I say C-1 Hellraiser in white... Yeah. Save the rest for a better amp.

How much would you have left over after purchasing the guitar?
Dude,i bought a valveking about two days ago....Im not buying anymore amps or pedals.Just the two guitars i suggested.Plus This thread is closed.But thanks for the help though
Page 1 of 2