Page 1 of 2
ok heres my story: i was at my friendshouse playing a game and then his other friend comes over and he starts playing the game with us, so we get to talking and he seems pretty cool and we start talking about guitars so i brought mine out and we talk about that stuff when he says "you should see this sweet guitar my dad bought its a 74' gibson flying V signed and painted by hendrix only 5 were ever made it cost him" i dont remember how much is cost but it was like 50 grand or somthing like that. anyways so i said "wow lucky it must have been hard finding a 64' hendrix V" when he says " no no it is a 74' hendrix V" so i shot him a blank look and said "you do know he died in 1970 right?"... "no he didnt he died in 84'" at this point in time im about ready to slam my palm in his face but no i just walked away. he is probably lying i know but if he is telling the truth it is not a a normal facepalm its AN EXTREME FACEPALM

anysimilar stories here?
"theres no such thing as a regular distortion pedal you idiot theres different kinds like 'grunge pedal, death metal pedal, bad monkey, scott ian...' [he thought digitech were the only pedal company]"-my douchebag moronic friend.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
We were discussing guitar players in my english class and my friend brings up Pete Townshend.

This mexican kid is like, "Who? Oh you mean the guy from Fallout Boy"
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Well, that's pretty silly.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
my drummer:

We should do that song, ya know.. that one "Slow Ride" by Faggot!

..(Strange look from me, and guitarist)...

"You mean Foghat?"

"No faggot!"

Epic failz
Someone tried to tell me that Angus Young taught Hendrix???
Oh, yeah? HOW ABOUT I TEAR YOUR SPINE OUT?!

-Gear-
Epiphone G-400 Vintage SG
Marshall MG Series 30DFX.
ESP LTD AX-400 (My baby)
Quote by sneyob
We were discussing guitar players in my english class and my friend brings up Pete Townshend.

What a shame

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
next time you're hanging out with....randomly just smoke him in the face....don't tell him why .....just do it
my friend just talked to some ass who was "a giant fan of Glenn Danzig" and didnt even know danzig sung for the misfits we had a bit of a laugh with that 1...
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
I hate arguing with people who are intent on being retarded...
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by gibson sg LP
ok heres my story: i was at my friendshouse playing a game and then his other friend comes over and he starts playing the game with us, so we get to talking and he seems pretty cool and we start talking about guitars so i brought mine out and we talk about that stuff when he says "you should see this sweet guitar my dad bought its a 74' gibson flying V signed and painted by hendrix only 5 were ever made it cost him" i dont remember how much is cost but it was like 50 grand or somthing like that. anyways so i said "wow lucky it must have been hard finding a 64' hendrix V" when he says " no no it is a 74' hendrix V" so i shot him a blank look and said "you do know he died in 1970 right?"... "no he didnt he died in 84'" at this point in time im about ready to slam my palm in his face but no i just walked away. he is probably lying i know but if he is telling the truth it is not a a normal facepalm its AN EXTREME FACEPALM

anysimilar stories here?

Holy my whole family if from fort saint john thats a conicidence! Ive only been there like 3-4 times . You live in the one in bc right?
The guitar he's talking about is actually a limited edition run of a Flying V with a Hendrix paint job. They were all made like 2 years ago, and none were painted by Hendrix(duh).
There's way more than 5, and I think the price tag was something like $12,000.

So, I don't think he's totally lying. I think he's just seriously exaggerating. I also think that he is an idiot.

Edit - Here it is.

Not worth the money if you ask me.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
The guitar he's talking about is actually a limited edition run of a Flying V with a Hendrix paint job. They were all made like 2 years ago, and none were painted by Hendrix(duh).
There's way more than 5, and I think the price tag was something like $12,000.

So, I don't think he's totally lying. I think he's just seriously exaggerating. I also think that he is an idiot.

Edit - Here it is.

Not worth the money if you ask me.

I was researching them.. Most reviews say it's only good for collecting.
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Haha - tell him he's thinking of Bob Marley!
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
my friend is just like that. He asked me who Hendrix was the other day.
I told him he was a good guitarist. He asked if he was dead yet, because he wanted to see him live. I told him "well, yeah. he died in 1970."
Him: "How?"
me:"he od'ed."
him: "that sucks.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Megadeth2011
my friend is just like that. He asked me who Hendrix was the other day.
I told him he was a good guitarist. He asked if he was dead yet, because he wanted to see him live. I told him "well, yeah. he died in 1970."
Him: "How?"
me:"he od'ed."
him: "that sucks.

eah, that sucks...
Quote by Schism1985
wow that flying v is so sexy....

but jesus christ! 12 grand? wtf?

thats why i hate gibsons, most of them are over priced, don't play very well and are really over rated.

(activates flame shield)

well, gibsons are good, but overpriced....

if you buy a LP or SG it's not a bad guitar, even if it is overpriced.
Quote by WolfenGuitarist
Someone tried to tell me that Angus Young taught Hendrix???

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sglover34479
Also onece people buy Gibson they're afraid to even paly anything cause they'll put wear and tear on it. I mean if you buy a guitar, PLAY IT!

Says the guy who brings his guitar into campfires.

I don't know where you're from, but people play gibsons to death. Ebay has tons of used ones.

btw, I didn't know friends punched each other in the face.
Quote by cakemonster91
Haha - tell him he's thinking of Bob Marley!

But Bob Marley died in 1981... Not 1984.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by Fuzzbox91
[he thought digitech were the only pedal company]"

lulz X2
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by slayaplaya
well, gibsons are good, but overpriced....

if you buy a LP or SG it's not a bad guitar, even if it is overpriced.

I'ld love to own a LP...
they're sexy!!!
Who cares, not everyone knows everything, and many people have been misinformed by others.

/screw hendrix
idc if people don't know who hendrix is, I mean, people might just not know. but when they say dumb crap without knowing at least 1/4 of what they're saying, they're retarded.

For instance, one of my friends thought that electric guitars ran on batteries.

And one of my other friends told me he wanted to supercharge AND turbocharge his audi. I almost cried.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by nan0
Says the guy who brings his guitar into campfires.

I don't know where you're from, but people play gibsons to death. Ebay has tons of used ones.

btw, I didn't know friends punched each other in the face.

?????????
Quote by garrett5
my drummer:

We should do that song, ya know.. that one "Slow Ride" by Faggot!

..(Strange look from me, and guitarist)...

"You mean Foghat?"

"No faggot!"

Epic failz

That's great.
"Oh, it's just you." - Famous Last Words
every one of my friends tries to say the who sucks. and that tony iommi isn't a good guitarist

What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by sneyob

Ive done that, its not that bad. Im still not sure who pete townshend is. Im guessing the who?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by DopeDanny
my friend just talked to some ass who was "a giant fan of Glenn Danzig" and didnt even know danzig sung for the misfits we had a bit of a laugh with that 1...

Ive met a few people like that, who thought michale graves was always the misfits singer too. mostly I meet people who are like "OH MY GOD I WORSHIP DANZIGZ I AM LYKE THE BIGGEST DANZIG AND MISFITS FREEEK!!"
Me- "Yeah, Samhain is probably my favorite though"
"WHO THE **** IS THAT, IM TALKING ABOUT DANZIGS BANDS."
What a jackass. That seems a tad expensive, but there's a guitar at a shop around Edmonton, Axe Music is the name, but anyways, it costs like 40-50 grand. For 50 grand, it better do everything. AND I MEAN EVERYTHING.
Quote by RampagingAcorn
every one of my friends tries to say the who sucks. and that tony iommi isn't a good guitarist

not the same thing
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Page 1 of 2