Okay, so I can either get a an RGT42FMDR (Neck-Thru) for $375+ a DigiTech effect pedal or an RG570 for $600, help me out here, advice?

The Rg570 is the Silver one and the RGT42FMDR is the red one.
/thread.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i play alot of metal, i currently use a line 6 spider 3 30 watt. the fact that the rgt is neck-thru really attracts me.
I'm still sticking with the 570 recommendation. Edge/Lo-Pro Edge>>>>>Edge III
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
no they don't måke the rgt42 in dr ånymore, it wå ån edge 2 i believe, i wish it håd å ****ing zr trem
I agree with Oneblackened. get the Rg570, but maybe a new amp too?
a nice tube amp would be better in the long run.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I'm recommending the 570 because it has a far superios tremolo. And neck-through doesn't do much for you, trust me. Go into a store and compare neck-through with other guitars. I can say with a straight face that I don't find they have any advantages when it comes to tone and sustain.
I will never understand Ibanez's name philosofy. I mean, RGT42FMDR?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
I will never understand Ibanez's name philosofy. I mean, RGT42FMDR?

lol fm is flåmed måple ånd dr is dårk red
Quote by TheQuailman
I'm recommending the 570 because it has a far superios tremolo. And neck-through doesn't do much for you, trust me. Go into a store and compare neck-through with other guitars. I can say with a straight face that I don't find they have any advantages when it comes to tone and sustain.

Well, I'm going to break the trend and say go with the RGT42 and I base it on personal experience. When I got mine it was a choice between the RGT and one of the lower Prestige RG's. I tried both and it was the thru-neck that sold me on the RGT. Not because it had massively better sustain but because access to the upper frets is incredible. As a main guitar I simply wouldn't have one without a neck-thru now; that's how much difference it made to me. The Edge Pro II bridge is fine and has given no trouble whatsoever. With the money I saved I put it towards upgrading the pickups and installed a set of Bare Knuckles that were coil tapped. At the moment, the only guitar in the world I'd change it for is a Prestige RGT as long as it had coil tapped Bare Knuckles in it. If they ever make a Prestige 'S' series with 24 frets and a thru-neck I'd maybe change it for that too but at the moment the RGT42 is easily the best guitar I've ever owned and I have no desire to change it. Clearly the majority think I'm crazy but that was my choice in a similar situation and if I had that time again I'd make the same choice in a heartbeat.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by TenjouAhs
lol fm is flåmed måple ånd dr is dårk red

you're drunk, mate?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by TheQuailman

Not any advantages for tone and sustain but it has much better fret access then a bolt-on neck. Play an RR5 and then an RR3, you will know what I'm talking about.
get the 570

you really need to get a new amp first though.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
åctuålly i love my åmp, it sounds great ånd hås the best sounding distortion i've heård on å solid ståte, i reålly don't need ånything more high-end å i don't plån on gigging any time soon.
Quote by TenjouAhs
åctuålly i love my åmp, it sounds great ånd hås the best sounding distortion i've heård on å solid ståte, i reålly don't need ånything more high-end å i don't plån on gigging any time soon.

even for just practice, id go for a cube 30w at least, it has better distortion.

but oh well, if you refuse to get a new amp i stick by my first opinion the 570
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I say go for the RGT. The body and wood and shape of the RGT its of much higher quality. The tremolo on them can on the other hand be changed in the future. Check out my sig. I got an Ibanez RGT42dx, and now with a Original FLoyd Rose. I bought a guitar with an edge III later on, and have not changed the Edge III because it is still pretty good. So the RGT is a way better value. With time you can upgrade it and make it something of the quality of the tip top guitars/ or best of the best.
Quote by nyandres
I say go for the RGT. The body and wood and shape of the RGT its of much higher quality. The tremolo on them can on the other hand be changed in the future. Check out my sig. I got an Ibanez RGT42dx, and now with a Original FLoyd Rose. I bought a guitar with an edge III later on, and have not changed the Edge III because it is still pretty good. So the RGT is a way better value. With time you can upgrade it and make it something of the quality of the tip top guitars/ or best of the best.

Man, your guitar looks soooo good, I for sure want to buy it now, plus it's only going to cost me $375 and a low end DigiTech effects pedal that I'm trading him, so it's really damn cheap, and to be honost I couldn't possibly have saved $600, my job is shit and I get paid nothing, whenever I get payed I always feel like some poor 5 and a half year old chinese slave worker, mind you I guess I still make more than them considering they do like a dollar a day.
I should be getting it next saturday or sunday so I'll post pictures and maybe a video.
570, its brill, and you get one of the best trems around. Also, seeing as you can't buy them anymore...
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Nyandres: You can't be serious about the RGT having better woods than the 570. It is hardly any better than the RG420 in that department and though that's still good bang-for-buck ratio, it doesn't come close to the 570. If you have the chance to try them out next to each other,do so and see for yourself. There is no comparison in resonance.
And that's why even with upgrades, there is no way it can ever stand next to the highest end Ibanez guitars.
thing is though, I have exclusive access to the 570 because he's not trying to sell it, meaning I can buy it at any time after this, whereas the rgt42 will be sold.
what I meant was, I can buy the RGT for now and then I can buy the 570 at any later time that I want, just for now I don't need the best guitar ever.
hm I still say 570. It's better... and probably a better deal. nyandres swapped out nearly everything on his RGT42. Hm, 2 dimarzios is about $140, OFR is about $190, tuners are $25 or so. Yeah, that's right, $355+ more.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 23, 2008,
Quote by nyandres
...shape of the RGT its of much higher quality.

That's a giggle.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!