I play somewhere every friday with a band and i have no pedals,no effects or anything for myself besides my guitar and amp. I was wondering what a good set up would be,i usually use my friends but i really want to get my own. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
what effects do u want to, or use of ur friends?
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
you didn't realy give to much info....but I'm guna say a volume pedal would be usefull no matter what amp or genre your playing. If your playin a high gain amp, I'd suggest a noise gate of some sort.
Give more info and we can give more advice.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
i know next to nothing about effects,the amp varies but i usually use a fender blues deluxe amp. And i play rock.

It would be nice to have a wah,reverb,distortion pedalmand delay.
noise gate is very important, tuner, whatever distortion fits the style of music you play, anything is personal taste really. also, in my opinion compressors are pointless for live guitar, never seen anyone use one
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
my essential pedals for all genres:
Overdrive, or boost, or any gain preamp(i.e. switch, knob, pedal)
Chorus
Wah
Possibly a tuner if you want to play live

depending on the style of music you play, you may want to look into phasers of flangers or delay. i think phasers rea the most usefull of those three.

distortion is useless. justuse amp distortion please. save some money.

reverb, compression are both useless if you play live. you get natural reverb in a room, and compresion is mostly a studio trick thing.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
A noise gate isn't quite a nesesity with the amp your useing, but still wouldn't be a bad idea.
'rock' is kind of broad....but I'm guna say get a nice overdrive. Reverb comes in handy, just whatever you feel would help your sound the most
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.