Page 1 of 2
I really want to find a nice NICE Solid State amp.

No matter the brand, 250-600$
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
If you want an actual solid state you're at the wrong forums... everyone here loves tubes and only tubes...

How big do you need/want? High gain or not high gain? Combo or stack?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
If you want an actual solid state you're at the wrong forums... everyone here loves tubes and only tubes...

Inorite?
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

Yah. Well this isn't about tube amps anyways so they can grow up and get over it. or GTFO.

But High gain, but with a nice clean sound. Combo and stack are both great, but they need to be gig capable.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

you're probably going to want to look at randall amps.

you'll get the high gain all right...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Swap-Meet
you might want to mention what kind of music you play..

I mostly play T3h M3t@l.

But I occasionally mix it up.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by GibsonSG120
Yah. Well this isn't about tube amps anyways so they can grow up and get over it. or GTFO.

But High gain, but with a nice clean sound. Combo and stack are both great, but they need to be gig capable.

Ampeg VH-140h or VH-140c

YES!

That is a great overall amp.
I'm not against Solid States by any means... but why ONLY Solid State amps?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by GibsonSG120

Well I have an Ibanez TBX150H and plan on getting the matching IS412C cabinet, it's a fairly high gain amp and with some tweaking sounds exactly like I want. At Guitar Center you can get the head/foot switch for $300+ shipping ($250 + $50) and the cabinet for another $250 (I'd get from a dealer so you don't pay shipping).

The Ibanez Tone Blaster also comes in a 150w combo version of the head I mentioned above. I think that's about $300 also. It has jacks on the back for future cabinet hook up if I remember correctly.

I was also a fan for the Spider II 150 combo. Duno if that came in a stack form? I know the Spider II's are discontinued so you'd have to look used.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by imgooley
Ampeg VH-140h or VH-140c

YES!

That is a great overall amp.

Mature person here.

Thank you. LINK?
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

just bee tee dub..."nice NICE" rarely exists under $600 bucks.
unless you get used and go lucky.
or maybe i got that backwards.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by guitarsolo_17
i'd say just give up. there's rarely such a thing.

STFU nb

Bandwagons are bumpy but comfortable, aren't they?
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

I was also a fan for the Spider II 150 combo. Duno if that came in a stack form? I know the Spider II's are discontinued so you'd have to look used.

The Ibanez Tone Blaster also comes in a 150w combo version of the head I mentioned above. I think that's about $300 also.

X.

he said "nice".

+1 to the ampegs.

Don't judge me.
the perfect answer to your request is a peavey vypyr, you can get the "hybrid" ones (60 and 100 watts) or theres also the 75 watt ss one that i have and ****ign love...look em up
Quote by altoidwithmelon
You dont lose your virginity, you voluntarily misplace it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
You should bottle up all of your emotions till they become a problem that requires professional help.
It's good for the economy.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rabidpitweasels/
I'm not against tube amps. but they aren't my thing. Don't ask, and I won't tell.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by theoreticmusic
X.

he said "nice".

+1 to the ampegs.

Sorry but my opinion of a decent tone is far from yours apparently. Remember people are allowed their opinion, being a douche is really a bad habit you should shed.
Quote by sargasm

Don't judge me.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Sorry but my opinion of a decent tone is far from yours apparently. Remember people are allowed their opinion, being a douche is really a bad habit you should shed.

I respect it. Both of you calm down. everybody here hates Line 6 because of the III's. So just don't worry about it.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

Quote by `digitaL.braVo

Sorry, Son. We haven't gotten into douche territory yet. You're right, everyone's allowed their opinion. But when the general consensus seems to be that Spiders suck (regardless of tube snobbery, which I'm against), I'm going to veto that opinion. I've owned one, and there's far better in the solid state world. If you don't know that, then chances are you aren't qualified to give advice.

Don't judge me.
The VH-140 is discontinued, but if you can find one, jump on it. They usually go for around 3-600 usd used.

http://metaltabs.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-22840.html
Quote by theoreticmusic
Sorry, Son. We haven't gotten into douche territory yet. You're right, everyone's allowed their opinion. But when the general consensus seems to be that Spiders suck (regardless of tube snobbery, which I'm against), I'm going to veto that opinion. I've owned one, and there's far better in the solid state world. If you don't know that, then chances are you aren't qualified to give advice.

Reread my post. I hate the III's they sound like garbage and 12 year old screamo kids love them. The II's however are in the ball park of decent when worked on.

Let's not forget I never said: "OMG GO GET A SPIDER III AMP NOW IT'S BETTER THAN ANY PIECE OF SHIT SOLID STATE YOU'LL FIND ANYWHERE." No I said the Spider II's are an option worth looking into.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Reread my post. I hate the III's they sound like garbage and 12 year old screamo kids love them. The II's however are in the ball park of decent when worked on.

Let's not forget I never said: "OMG GO GET A SPIDER III AMP NOW IT'S BETTER THAN ANY PIECE OF SHIT SOLID STATE YOU'LL FIND ANYWHERE." No I said the Spider II's are an option worth looking into.

Okay, reread mine, then. I said Spiders, not Spider IIIs. Seriously, this is becoming petty and detracting. My point is that there are far better solid states than ANY spider.

TS: I'd also like to recommend trying to find a used Vetta. Those are fairly good.

Don't judge me.
There's no logic with the band wagon. Whatever.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
There's no logic with the band wagon. Whatever.

damn. i'd really love to descend into douchebag territory.
i said that i'm against tube amp snobbery.
one of my favorite amps of all time is a Roland JC-120. THAT is a NICE solid state amp.
I'm not on the damned bandwagon. You appear to be so caught up in smashing the bandwagon that you can't see past it. That makes you just as bad as everyone on the bandwagon. You wouldn't know logic if it hit you in the back of the damn head.

By the way, in your signature, it says "I DON'T WANT A TUBE AMP" in large letters.
That's an absolutely insipid disqualification that defies logic. There are good choices in both realms, and there's no reason to disqualify either.
And i'm guessing its in the name of being "counterculture" or avoiding the "bandwagon".

Jesus.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Swap-Meet
true the whole tube amp bandwaggon is ****ing annoying. I am most likely getting a tube amp, not so I can hop on the bandwaggon but cause those crate v-50's are ****ing rediculously cheap :P

The tube band wagon is just as bad as the Line 6 haters. Especially the ones who throw out the: "I owned one, if you think they're any good then you are stupid."

*EDIT: In response to the above post*

Actually, I don't want a tube for my own reasons but whatever, you're welcome to assume as you please. . Now that your rant is out there Junior, how about you get back on topic.
Quote by sargasm
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
The tube band wagon is just as bad as the Line 6 haters. Especially the ones who throw out the: "I owned one, if you think they're any good then you are stupid."

*EDIT: In response to the above post*

Actually, I don't want a tube for my own reasons but whatever, you're welcome to assume as you please. . Now that your rant is out there Junior, how about you get back on topic.

****ing A. Read the recommendations I already posted, then tell me to get the **** back on topic.

TS: Ultimately, you have to try all the crap we recommend and make your own judgments. The Ampegs will probably be tough to find to try, but the other stuff is readily available.

Don't judge me.
I highly advise you avoid any spider amp and any ibanez amp like the plague.

If you wanna go SS probably best to look at the Flextone, maybe a Vetta if you can find one in your range used. Randall makes some good high gain stuff. The rg50tc is pretty nice, a used f-30 or f-50 would do well for metal. DC series mesas would be good too.

I ignored your SS only because I'm a tube snob. There are some nice sounding SS amps, but they have no where near the dynamics of a tube amp. Why no tubes? It really doesn't make sense, especially for gigging.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

If you wanna go SS probably best to look at the Flextone, maybe a Vetta if you can find one in your range used. Randall makes some good high gain stuff. The rg50tc is pretty nice, a used f-30 or f-50 would do well for metal. DC series mesas would be good too.

I ignored your SS only because I'm a tube snob. There are some nice sounding SS amps, but they have no where near the dynamics of a tube amp. Why no tubes? It really doesn't make sense, especially for gigging.

+1
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Kevin Saale

+3

the return of sensibility.

Don't judge me.
Line 6 Flextone III. arguably the best in the range, a POD with a good power amp and speaker. What exactly could be better? other than a Vetta II of course.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by theoreticmusic
+3

the return of sensibility.

A lot of people like the Ibanez. Get over yourself.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
A lot of people like the Ibanez. Get over yourself.

And an equally proportionate amount of people hate its guts. Do the same.
Can we just agree that there are much better SS amps than that?

Don't judge me.
And many worse. That is the case with any and everything. So you have no argument.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
And many worse. That is the case with any and everything. So you have no argument.

bullshit. my argument centers around TS and the fact that he wants a NICE SS amp. Ergo, it's perfectly okay and logical for me to say that there are many better.

Don't judge me.
i dont know how much they are across the water but line 6 flextones are pretty good moddelling amps
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

I strongly disagree.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Page 1 of 2