Page 1 of 2
^ He isn't talking about Gameboys.

As far as I know, there's only one Great Britain though. You could try invading ...
Are you asking about Hard drive space, or RAM?
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by mtforever
Are you asking about Hard drive space, or RAM?

Hard drive space

What computers have a lot of it?

a full 128k of memory. those guys at mac really know what theyre doing

EDIT: whoops, i mean 400k of memory
128k of ram though
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Last edited by Phillitalian at Sep 14, 2008,
Just get like a terrabyte harddrive or something. They're not terribly expensive iirc.
Quote by metaldud536
That depends. How many gameboys you want?

rofl that was win
Quote by US@guitarist
I'm talking shitloads. More then anyone would ever need. Nothing to expensive either.

The computer doesnt have GBs....the hard drives do.

Stock PCs vary so much but I guess around 150-200GB is an average for an off the shelf PC.

Personally I run with a lot more...around 1TB total at this time since I do a lot of Audio and Video recording/editing.

TS, what is your budget and what will be your computer storage main use?

If you need high speed a lots of storage its best to get a lot of mid spaced drives and run them in a RAID config. however this really isnt needed for most average users...
I suggest just a single or double HD setup. If you need more room in a stock computer you can easily add a HD for cheap. Get an SATA drive...not the older IDE.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 13, 2008,
Here ya go. You should be fine with this setup...

Who knows? Maybe you'll even be able to play Crysis.
Quote by US@guitarist
I asked for something cheap

I'd have to be a millionaire to afford that

If you want to play SPORE and add all those KEWT! I KNOW creations of yours you're gonna need it.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
I think when you buy a Mac you could pay extra for a 1 terabyte hardrive. thats about 1000 GB i think
This is my Signature.
Just get an external hard drive? you can always just add more memory sticks too...
Really what do you need lots of Gigs for?
Quote by Survivalism
CPUs don't have GBs.

CPUs are not computers. A CPU is your processor, and it does have memory; L1 and L2 cache (for your instruction set), and soon enough we'll see supercomputers with CPUs with around a gig of L2 cache.

Anyways, the most I've seen is a Mac Pro with 4TB of hard drive space. Although I could see someone using a lot of it up.
This thread = win. Especially the gameboys part rofl
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

as suggested, just buy a computer with a decent processor/ acceptable amount of RAM, ect, and buy an external hard drive.

You do realize how ridiculous of an idea it is to be asking for suggestions on something top of the line for the cheapest price?
If you want more memory, you pay more money...
Quote by acersucks
CPUs are not computers. A CPU is your processor, and it does have memory; L1 and L2 cache (for your instruction set), and soon enough we'll see supercomputers with CPUs with around a gig of L2 cache.

...riiiiggghhhtt, which is why I said "CPUs don't have GBs." That was the original question, he since changed it to "computer."

Quote by playonwords
Really what do you need lots of Gigs for?

Well, that's what I said when I bought this 250GB hard drive that is now full.
You're*
buy an external HD
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Get a Vietnamese hooker. Now you don't need any fap material and it's all in something mobile and organic.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Survivalism
Well, that's what I said when I bought this 250GB hard drive that is now full.

Same here, I've filled up the 250GB on my external and my 200GB laptop is half full already.
Quote by US@guitarist
There are tons of things

Trust me I just need it

haha okay, just checking.
We have a 500GB external hard drive that is about full, so it's a good thing to invest in for sure.
Just get a large enough external Hard Drive, and just make sure your computer has the specs for whatever you use most on it and you should be good to go :]
Quote by happytimeharry
Here ya go. You should be fine with this setup...

Who knows? Maybe you'll even be able to play Crysis.

lol
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by Survivalism
CPUs don't have GBs.

how the **** does CPU have anything to do with capacity?
My Spanish Hearts
Buy a ****ing hard drive.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Quote by rx_eb

how the **** does CPU have anything to do with capacity?

Read post #27.
Well there's this one computer. It costs a money amount. And it's somewhere. Good luck.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by playonwords
haha okay, just checking.
We have a 500GB external hard drive that is about full, so it's a good thing to invest in for sure.
Just get a large enough external Hard Drive, and just make sure your computer has the specs for whatever you use most on it and you should be good to go :]

I'd rather hook my comp up with multiple internal hard drives than get a really big external. I just think internal works so much better.

And TS, as has been said... just buy an extra hard drive. They aren't that expensive and aren't that hard to install.
Quote by US@guitarist
Hard drive space

What computers have a lot of it?

Depends. Computers aren't prebuilt, and you can customize them.
What picks the amount of GB's, is the hard drive, and you can add as much HD's as your motherboard allows. Every modern PC can have more than two for sure.
And since we have hard disks with as much as 1 TB (1000 GB's), you can have a shitload in almost any modern pc.
However, I think that Windows XP can't handle that much of disc space.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2