Page 1 of 2
So its not much but I have been playin since Christmas and tonight my neighbors were having a campfireish thing and hey wanted me to play my guitar. I was hesitant cause I don't consider my self very good. They got me to bring my amp and guitar over and they loved me. They kept asking me to play more and I eventual had to go. But I got a pretty awesome rush. I can't sleep and I;m really hyper. I can't explain it. I know its not like a gig or anything but this is a pretty big deal for me and I don't make friends very easily. I'm pretty shy and I just had to tell UG about it.
Sweet man. I love the feeling when people enjoy what I play. Even if it's just some simple chord progression I make up on the spot. Meh.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Wait until you get your first actual gig. It's like the feeling you described x100.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
my first time was in english, i played a little bit of stairway. it was the first thing that came to my mind and i didnt have my mini amp yet. when i was done i could barely walk
Next steps to being a rockstar...

Real gig
Alcohol addiction
Rape
???????
PROFIT!

Way to go.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
I love the feeling of guitar-gasms.
Quote by dudetheman
That's....

an abomination. It's like a BC Rich had sex with an Ibanez, had an abortion, and it survived on the side of the road eating roadkill and drinking it's own urine.

Most metal guitar ever. Period.
I felt like that last night. Me and a buddy were playing guitar in his basement, he was teaching me a song.

Normally I'm really bad at learning from people, but I learnt "life is a highway" in about 15 minutes, it was the most amazing feeling. I got to play on a Gibson Les Paul, soo nice
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by cielmort
I love the feeling of guitar-gasms.

Amen.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Wow. The rush is starting to wear off. I'm kinda tired. I might not respond much more tonight but I will in the morning so yeah. Thx for all your support and feel free to continue discussing. Also what is a good song to learn that not too hard and will be impressive.
Quote by sglover34479
Wow. The rush is starting to wear off. I'm kinda tired. I might not respond much more tonight but I will in the morning so yeah. Thx for all your support and feel free to continue discussing. Also what is a good song to learn that not too hard and will be impressive.

i second that
First time I played was at a jam thing at one of the local pubs.. It was pretty good. I started talking to the two guys whose stuff was being used for it and then they got me up to play jail break with them. Only downside was that the guy singing it was drunk and repeated the first verse several times, then forgot the song altogether so ended up singing the end part to highway to hell..... And after that we improvised blues songs... I quite enjoyed the whole experience.
Quote by NothingButRock
First time I played was at a jam thing at one of the local pubs.. It was pretty good. I started talking to the two guys whose stuff was being used for it and then they got me up to play jail break with them. Only downside was that the guy singing it was drunk and repeated the first verse several times, then forgot the song altogether so ended up singing the end part to highway to hell..... And after that we improvised blues songs... I quite enjoyed the whole experience.

Cool.
A good song is marry had a little lamb, row your boat, london bridges, twinkle twinkle, michael row the boat ashore...

Seriously, go on youtube. They have tons of songs on there.
congrats,

i remember my first public performance gig sort of thing. about could of months ago at my school creative arts night, my band played there. so we played our song and then we kinda did a encore at the end of the night were we went all out. they made all the lights flash ****ing awesome like and we cranked the amps and went nuts pretty much. most fun i've had ever and the lights damn >.<

people were screaming the song as we were playing it and yeah, was heaps fun. couldn't stop smiling for about a week after from all the people coming up to me to shake my hand and tell me how good i was >.<
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
well done dude. i did a performance in front of about 200 people with my local dramatics group, it felt ok. i wasnt overly happy with some of the factors of it. but when i played Under the Bridge on an acoustic at a bbq last summer, some guys started singing along, it was just great.

EDIT:

Quote by sglover34479
Thx. Can one of you guys recommend me some impressive songs to play?

erm, as i did, learn under the bridge, its tricky, but if you can get it down its a ncie song to play, specially on an acoustic
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by sglover34479
So its not much but I have been playin since Christmas and tonight my neighbors were having a campfireish thing and hey wanted me to play my guitar. I was hesitant cause I don't consider my self very good. They got me to bring my amp and guitar over and they loved me. They kept asking me to play more and I eventual had to go. But I got a pretty awesome rush. I can't sleep and I;m really hyper. I can't explain it. I know its not like a gig or anything but this is a pretty big deal for me and I don't make friends very easily. I'm pretty shy and I just had to tell UG about it.

Dude I know exactly how you feel. It's great. A similar thing happened, my parents had friends over, they made me play. I was embarrassed at first but go going and after I felt really good and accomplished after. Just keep playing. Now I'm not that embarrassed to play in front of people.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Yeah the first few things I played didn't have much emotion in them but ater I warmed up to them It was much easier to play. I played One by metallica and everyone got real into it. The amazing thing there is no one was under 40.
Before i became a musician, i always thought it was so cliched to say "playing live is the greatest feeling in the world" and that they were only saying it to look good the press or something

Then i played live. Ive never had a bigger smile as the one where i had just played my solo, and i looked up at the crowd to see a few hundred people looking back at me clapping and such. And in that crowd the members of Crush Luther, a Touring, Signed, Major Label Band, were smiling. The compliments i got after were nearly as uplifting too.
My first public performance was for my school's talent show. There was the usual shitload of chicks playing easy piano and joketellers and whatnot. Then me and my friend Jacob came onstage and we played Concerto by Cacophony

So yea, onstage performances are kickass. Also for an impressive song on the electric, play Jewel by Jason Becker. Put all of your heart and soul into it. You will get laid....

......seriously you will.

1980s Ibanez RG470
Epiphone G400
Peavey Vypyr 30
Vox DA5
Vox Cybaby Wah
Monster Cables
and Red Jazz IIIs

I donated 2020 grains of rice

http://freerice.com/index.php
goodness, this is like one of the first topics on the pit ive seen in a long time that didnt already have something like...RAPE-FAP-YOU SUCK-

but seriosly keep it up, things can only get brighter!
Awesome! Sounds like you had fun I hope you have more confidence in your self now
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Nice.

My first "public performance" was a couple months ago. I was messing around with a double bass in front of like 15 people.
Quote by MulanoSG
My first public performance was for my school's talent show. There was the usual shitload of chicks playing easy piano and joketellers and whatnot. Then me and my friend Jacob came onstage and we played Concerto by Cacophony

So yea, onstage performances are kickass. Also for an impressive song on the electric, play Jewel by Jason Becker. Put all of your heart and soul into it. You will get laid....

......seriously you will.

You can play Concerto?

..Bollocks
HI
That's good to hear. Now it's time to get booked. You should try going acoustic that way you don't need your amp.

Do you also sing? You would a lot better if you do
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Page 1 of 2