The cleans I've heard on demos sound very good on the crate v-50 but...

Are those amps able to get a really raw sound with a DS-2 / Double Muff? (raw enough to sound good with street punk / hardcore)...The guitar that I will be getting in late Oct / early Nov that I will be using for gigs is a Mustang.

I'm going to try the amp out tomorrow, but I was just wondering if anyone here has tried getting a very raw sound out of it yet?
uumm...

yeah..i think you should be fine. What is the price up there by the way. I think it is $199 or $250 here in States.

maybe just an OD pedal but it is more of a blues/rock amp. You'll be fine at that price.

where are you going and what other stuff do they have? what is your budget?

what's on your local craigslist.org? Montreal prolly has lots of stuff i'm guessing used.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
uumm...

yeah..i think you should be fine. What is the price up there by the way. I think it is $199 or $250 here in States.

maybe just an OD pedal but it is more of a blues/rock amp. You'll be fine at that price.

where are you going and what other stuff do they have? what is your budget?

what's on your local craigslist.org? Montreal prolly has lots of stuff i'm guessing used.

Currently I'm using a Jagmaster, but in about a month I'm gonna get a Les Paul, or Mustang.

budget = anything under 300 (250 preferably)

crate v-50 is going for under 250 w/ free shipping to my house on axemusic.com

I actually just saw a 75 wat frontman today for 99$ used, I may get it...
please dont get the frontman...

the v50 with an overdrive like the bad monkey would be MILES, i mean MILES better

(or should I say kilometres canada ftw)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by gregs1020
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/msg/837223960.html That would be better than the new V50, $350 OBO. I realize you want to stay under $300, but that is a lot better amp IMO.

The V50 should do what you want. The FM is good for cleans, but the distortion blows.

the FM's distortion has nothing to do with the distortion i get from a pedal...does it?
No it doesn't. Using a pedal through a clean channel is going to give you the pedal's distortion.
But does the FM work for you with what you play? Because Fender makes smaller tube amps that would be miles better than the frontman. (Used Blues Jr at $300-325) The Crate tho, would be great too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
No it doesn't. Using a pedal through a clean channel is going to give you the pedal's distortion.
But does the FM work for you with what you play? Because Fender makes smaller tube amps that would be miles better than the frontman. (Used Blues Jr at $300-325) The Crate tho, would be great too.

Blues JR i don't think would be loud enough for waht I need