I have a Jackson DK2 and put on .11s and tuned drop c perfectly. This is my first time playing drop c on this guitar and on a floyd actually. when I play the strings feel more floppy. Is this normal? I've played drop c on my Epi and it didn't feel quite like this.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
You may wanna try larger strings. It's... sort of normal. If using such thin strings then they won't hold tension as well.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
^ yeah try like 12's or somin like that
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
yea,its gna be 'floppy' since the tuning is so low and the tension isnt as high.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Quote by shdowfox17
yea,its gna be 'floppy' since the tuning is so low and the tension isnt as high.

add a spring?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by LPDave
add a spring?

That would only work if the bridge was rising due to lack of tension. But dropped to C on .11's I'd think would be real loose.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
That would only work if the bridge was rising due to lack of tension. But dropped to C on .11's I'd think would be real loose.

Really? I have my Jackson KVX10 with .10s in Drop C and they really arent that bad. Just enough flexibility, and not to tight at all.
people play drop c with 10's... 10-52's i mean. i can live with 10-52. maybe you should get it set up and do a truss adjustment while you're at it, not that it will change anything. try different brand. i think GHS Boomers are really tense feeling, awesome for drop tunings imo. i use 10-52 boomers. standard tuning though... im wating for them to die so i can go back to ernie balls...
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
i use 11s for drop c on my jackson and its fine
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by apak
people play drop c with 10's... 10-52's i mean. i can live with 10-52. maybe you should get it set up and do a truss adjustment while you're at it, not that it will change anything. try different brand. i think GHS Boomers are really tense feeling, awesome for drop tunings imo. i use 10-52 boomers. standard tuning though... im wating for them to die so i can go back to ernie balls...

10-52s... I use 10-46s Ernie ball Regular Slinky in Drop C and its fine for me
I use 10's in E-standard and I think it's floppy

but yeah, for drop-C, something like 11-54 or 11-56 should do the job.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I also use .11's for drop c and it doesn't feel that floppy to me. Although I do raise the action a shitload when i play dropped.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

Squint your eyes to see clearly. Blur reality to make it real.

Quote by Magic Jim
"Jimmy! Eat your peas!"
"It's not illegal if I don't"
"k, koo"

Imagine if life was like that.

Awesome
matter of preference, personally i prefer the strings being a bit "floppy" but that said it doesnt feel that loose for me.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
On my Jackson DKMG I'm using 10 - 52 in Drop C/D standard and it doesn't feel floppy to me .. That said I think I prefer looser string that most people I've met.