so i was just looking around the GC website when i started to wonder which would be a better explorer style guitar, the futura or EX 400 (links below). i've always wanted an explorer style axe for E standard thrash metal (i like metallica so go figure) so which would be better sounding when run a Bugera 333 XL (look in sig). so yeah thanks.

Epiphone Futura

LTD EX 400
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Last edited by sandman-105 at Sep 13, 2008,
i'd take the esp for thrash. i have a gibson les paul and it makes unbellievable sounds, but i'd still take an esp for thrash
i like the Epi better.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
that epiphone just looks weird to me.

If you like metallica, and want an explorer shape... ESP would be the way to go. At least, that makes sense to ME.

EDIT: TS said, "Epipi"....
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
EDIT: TS said, "Epipi"....

thats how i'ev always abbreviated Epiphone guess its just a habit to spell it like that rather then epi
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
bump
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Ok having played both and having played alot of thrash through them ......... I say the LTD wins hands down. The emg' 81 and 60 are much more versatile too, and the neck on the LTD is to die for.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
the epi is amazing quality, dont base it on brand images, i duno what id chose
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
I would go for the LTD, I've played the FX version of the EX-400 and it was amazing.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ltd ftw
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
bump
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS