Hey guys. Yesterday while my friend was handling my Tele, the strap came loose and it fell to the floor and hit the output jack with the cable still in it. Now whenever I try to put a cable in my Tele, it does not catch and just falls out. I'm almost sure that the fall made the Output Jack's Prong come loose.

I'm pretty sure thats the problem, but I cannot get access to the inside of the Jack! How do I remove the Output Jack assembly itself from the body? It seems impossible since the Jack is surrounded by more wood when I take out the Pickup assembly!
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

well i will reccomend getting it looked at 1) a guitar shop 2) by a friend who knows a lot about guitar repair who woln't **** it all up. also if u take it to a shop make sure u get ur friend to pay the bill
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS

that's what it should look like when it's out, with plug inserted.

as for your tele, it's not going to be the simple 4 screw plate like everyone else.

it's probably a cup with either a screw in the cup or a way to unscrew the cup itself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Question Jenny, do you already have all these random helpful pics on your computer, or do you take them when someone needs help?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
good question.

i take pictures from time to time. but the one above is about 4 years old now.

so yes, my photobucket account is huge and well organized.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

that's what it should look like when it's out, with plug inserted.

as for your tele, it's not going to be the simple 4 screw plate like everyone else.

it's probably a cup with either a screw in the cup or a way to unscrew the cup itself.

Thanks for the pic man.

But yeah, my tele doesn't have any screws to take out the cup. I was tempted to force it out, but I'm not sure. Are Tele cups threaded?
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

no problem, i think you can get it out, i'm just not sure about your model,
just email them, they'll get back to you in one day with the exact answer.

fender.com...
For inquiries not related to any of the items above, you may reach the FMIC Consumer Relations Department by telephone, fax or e-mail at:

Telephone: (480) 596-7195
Fax: (480) 367-5262
E-mail: consumerrelations@fender.com

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62