Hi,
I am going to buy an amp. which is in a $100 - $200 price range. I found some but don't know which one to buy. These are my options..

- Crate V 50

- Crate V 18

- Fender 25 R Frontman

- Peavey Envoy 110

- Peavey Vypyr 30

- Line 6 spider 3 30

Appreciate if you reply..
By the way, I play mostly rock n roll, classic rock and some Dire Straits stuff
dont get spider played it thought it sucked but thats my opnion dont know much about the vypyr since its new i heard frontman is good but never heard or played it so again i dont know much about these amps
If you need clean headroom the V50. If you want to crank it up and enjoy that sweet natural tube break up, the V18.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^+1, you aren't gonna do much better than those two for the price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Or a used Classic 20 or VC3112 or 2110 off of craigslist!
Either one of the Crate V's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
V Series Crate FTMFW!!!
For what hes playing the crates are the better choice. No only will their tones be better for classic rock, but either of them has enough power to jam/gig. They have master volumes so they can be played at bedroom volumes and still have pretty decent tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thank you very much for your opinions, Crate V 18 sounds good. I hope that it will sound good with an Epip. LP standard plus top..
Yea nice ax, it will sound great. Just mind the bass control on the amp, they are a little bass heavy. 10-11:00 is where I keep it on the V18, or it sounds muddy to me.