Im loving my Orange tiny terror tones, but its lacking something. i would like a nice smooth shred tone with some reverb, however a reverb pedal + the distortion from the tiny terror will sound like garbage. So i was thinking, would i be able to get a nice sound if i set my TT to a clean setting and then use a multi-effect pedal to create distortion/reverb/etc.? This smooth tone would be only used for recreational playing and would not be used live with my band. Are there and good quality/under $150 multi-effect pedals for recommendation?
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
I bet for less than 150 you could probably get the tt modded for an fx loop.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
would a guitar store be able to do that? or would i have to do it myself?
would the multieffect idea work?
It would work, but it won't sound as good. I wouldn't have a store do it, search for a amp tech in your area, TTs aren't too complicated and I think it a fairly common mod done to them. I only suggested it because it fixes the real problem you have with the amp and makes it more versatile instead of putting a band aid on it with the multifx.
Quote by Kevin Saale
It would work, but it won't sound as good. I wouldn't have a store do it, search for a amp tech in your area, TTs aren't too complicated and I think it a fairly common mod done to them. I only suggested it because it fixes the real problem you have with the amp and makes it more versatile instead of putting a band aid on it with the multifx.

Exactly, listen to this guy.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo
okay, an fx loop sounds good.
and by amp tech ... are there professional ones to look for or should i try searching something like craigslist?
Search google and use your city so you'll find some in your area. Any tech worth his salt should be able to add one in.