Page 1 of 2
I was at his house showing him a new song I wrote and he ended up using a part of it it for one of his new songs. He is touring at the moment and I am just an amateur. He's uploaded it onto myspace and it's really pissing me off. He isn't signed but he might be some time in the future.

He even stole the bass player I wanted in my band.

What can I do about it?
a g e a h

2008 Fender Telecaster Jeff Buckley Replica
Ibanez AXS-32
Boss GT-10
Bugera 333XL
Bugera 412H-BK Cab
Nothing, unless you have it copywrited.

Or, you can ask him to give you credit (which he will probably do), and receive royalties.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Tell him what your telling us. If he avoids it, make it clear that you're mad and you want some sort of credit for it.
I've done that, but he claims that he changed up the rhythm and stuff, which he hasn't he's just put it in a different key. I confronted him about it a while back, before he uploaded it and he said he'd put me in the credits at the end, you know. Thanks to... But I want credit in the song writing part next to the song, you know what I mean?

I'm not happy with that he also said he'd sew me if I told anyone about it. I am so angry, he just brushes it off as if it's nothing. I don't know what I can say to him anymore.
a g e a h

2008 Fender Telecaster Jeff Buckley Replica
Ibanez AXS-32
Boss GT-10
Bugera 333XL
Bugera 412H-BK Cab
Tell him he's playing your lick/song part wrong. That's when you play it back to him...with CRUSHING overdrive and volume to 11, all while wearing a dog suit. Should show him up.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by Scumbag1792
No rape him after...

ah! even better! I like the way you think scumbag1792!
Quote by ageah
I've done that, but he claims that he changed up the rhythm and stuff, which he hasn't he's just put it in a different key. I confronted him about it a while back, before he uploaded it and he said he'd put me in the credits at the end, you know. Thanks to... But I want credit in the song writing part next to the song, you know what I mean?

I'm not happy with that he also said he'd sew me if I told anyone about it. I am so angry, he just brushes it off as if it's nothing. I don't know what I can say to him anymore.

If he's stealing songs from a "newb" no offense, something tells me he isn't too good himself.

How can he sue you for stealing your song? I think he's professionally gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
Get someone with aids to rape him and then pee in his eye. Then he'll die all slow-like.

south park?
Quote by ageah

Tell the asshole you'll counter sue him. Explain to him that no label would even think about touching him if he gets sued/counter sued for song stealing before he's even signed. Then, tell him what you want.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
You sound like me and my friend
He takes my shit and ruins it though(it's not even in key the way he plays it)
And when I tried to tell his teacher, he flipped out on me
Mind you I have mad respect for his teacher
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Quote by ageah

For what? The lawyers would laugh at him endlessly and kick him out of their office. If you can prove you made it (which you probably tabbed out on paper or GP) you have to make him give some royalty because you made the melody to the song (supposedly) Go to the Bandleading Forum and talk to Slacker or axemanchris.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Can you show us the myspace page?
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
All music is is stealing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
tell him to give you due credit or make sure potential record companies he'd sign with find out about it
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by JordantheAxe
Wrong.

You are.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
give us the myspace page and we will spam all over his page that he stole your song
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
You should upload the song onto your profile so I can...get inspiration from it.... >>

Seriously though man, just sue him, and then defriend him and tell all his other friends about the time he tried to experiemnt with you at summer camp. That'd show him.
Feed your mind.
dude there is nothing you can do to make him give you credit at the moment. You can only copyright a complete work and it has to be on paper. So You can go screw him if he hasn't copyrighted the song so if he does get signed and it becomes a hit you can sue for much profit. Just score out the entire song and right out the lyrics. Its really cheap and really easy to get stuff copyrighted, most amatuers are just to lazy to and thus this happens
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
"A friend of mine has ripped part of my song"

I'd reconsider that statement; that is, if he did it without your permission.
when you say he "stole" your song, do you mean he "stole" a chord progression, a melody, or a riff? depending on what it was exactly, it may not be stealing. plus you didnt have it copyrighted so your effed. he is still a douche though.

plus, no offense, but im guessing this guy isnt going to get signed or anything.
if he has to steal just to make a part of one song, then he doesnt have what it takes to make it anyway. just kick his ass.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Sep 13, 2008,
Quote by BFMVrrule
give us the myspace page and we will spam all over his page that he stole your song

this
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Post a link to his myspace and we shall rape his inbox .
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Since he stole a part of your song, this mean he owes you. You should use that debt to make him give you a blowjob and give you writer's credit. Win-win.
Page 1 of 2