As the title states, the low e string on my strat is buzzing like crazy, on the first fret.
Help plox!
Baxter, you know I don't speak spanish.
this might not help because it's the first fret, but have you tried using a tiny allen wrench on the two pegs on the front face of the Low E saddle?

lowering those will raise the string.

if that doesnt work, then you either need to try a new string or slip a bit of paper under the string at the nut cut. OR look at the neck relief.

also, buzz not transmitting thru the amp isnt considered a problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^Thanks, but I've got an update: I just relized that ALL the strings are buzzing at the first fret.
Theres got to be an explanation.
well that actually makes more sense.

when the neck relaxes too much, sometimes when the strings were all off during a string change, or when the weather changes, the neck becomes too straight or back bowed.

when this happens, you can end up with buzzing on the first few frets, usually straight across the board.

so, with a balanced bridge,
fret the Low E on the first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string lays on the fret wire there, then you don;t have enough bend.
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there, then you have too much.

so measure and repost and we can go from there.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^^^Thanks man, although a little too late it helped me more than what I already did to fix it: just a quick truss rod and the buzz vanished.
ok cool
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62