Ok guys, im at a standing point. Im here, ready to buy a guitar. But im not really sure which to get. Its down between an Ibanez RGR421EXFM or a Washburn WM24.

Now, i have played the Ibanez (And older version, but still the same none the less) and i know someones gonna say "Well, since youve played it and not the Washburn, get it instead."

But what i wanna know is, which do you think is better? Ive never played any washburns before, so i was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with it and could tell me what it was like, how it sounded, how it felt, etc, etc. as compared to the Ibanez.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks guys
I'd go with the Ibanez. I have a model similar to that one and it is a very comfortable guitar. The pickups aren't too bad either, but I'd upgrade eventually. I have no experience with the washburn. If possible, I suggest trying both out.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
well the washburn neck is gonna be thicker than the ibbys
personally I like the Ibby more cuz I prefer thin necks and this ones made of mahogany (one of my fav tonewoods)

the Ibby looks 10x better too
my first real guitar was a washburn but i upgraded to an ibanez. personally i like the ibanez better because the neck is not only slimmer but really smooth. the washburns neck feels pretty rough. and the tone on the ibanez is better than the washburn. but then again everyone has an ibanez so if u wanna have a unique guitar go for the washburn; they still are good quality guitars.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

I'd go ibanez personally but you're gonna get a good guitar either way
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I see. Well, i really like the thin necks, and thick necks feel uncomfortable to me, so if the Ibby is thinner, i think ima go for that.

But thats the reason i thought of a washburn, because Ibbys are like Assholes. You know the rest of this sentence =P

I was also thinkin a Cort, until i realized one of my friends was busted after about 2 monthsm then got a new one, and then broke again after 3 months, lol.
Quote by r3conmarine90
my first real guitar was a washburn but i upgraded to an ibanez. personally i like the ibanez better because the neck is not only slimmer but really smooth. the washburns neck feels pretty rough. and the tone on the ibanez is better than the washburn. but then again everyone has an ibanez so if u wanna have a unique guitar go for the washburn; they still are good quality guitars.

Which brings up a major difference and a HUGE deal breaker: what kind of neck profile do you prefer? If you like a thinner profile get the Ibanez, if you like a little more substance under your left hand get the Washburn. The woods are the same (other than the neck) and pickups can be changed, so that's really the only question here.
EDIT: There is the question of a tremolo, but if you want a trem the WM24V has one so that removes that question also.
I'd take the Ibanez. Not too fond of Washburn, even though one of my favorites, Nuno Bettencourt, uses one.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Well, i prefer thin necks, but i can also play a thick neck if i want to. And im not a fan of Tremolos anymore. That was the down fall of my jackson =(

The only reason i havent actually tried the washburn is because i live to far away from Cincinnati and the Guitarcenter/samash in Columbus doesnt carry them...

But the thinkgs are lookin, im guessin the Ibby then
Quote by SMB13
Well, i prefer thin necks, but i can also play a thick neck if i want to. And im not a fan of Tremolos anymore. That was the down fall of my jackson =(

The only reason i havent actually tried the washburn is because i live to far away from Cincinnati and the Guitarcenter/samash in Columbus doesnt carry them...

But the thinkgs are lookin, im guessin the Ibby then

Get the RG3EXFM1. Looks great, and plays like a mo'fo. No trem either.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Get the RG3EXFM1. Looks great, and plays like a mo'fo. No trem either.

RGR421EXFM > RG3EXFM1

I played them both and liked the 421 ALOT better. The RG3 to me had a high action near the upper frets, but the 421 felt fine.

So im pretty sure the decision is set then. RGR421 it is!
Washburn is better with high end guitars, Ibanez is better with lower priced guitars
There you go
go ibanez, better necks imo, and most washburns ive played suck.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^