Poll: Dr. Dog or the Beatles?
Poll Options
View poll results: Dr. Dog or the Beatles?
Dr. Dog
1 33%
The Beatles
2 67%
Voters: 3.
Completely ignoring the fact that the Beatles completely revolutionized music and whatever else they may have done, in a music vs. music and not legacy/influence situation who do you think is the better band? I just used Dr. Dog because I've heard them compared to the Beatles a lot.

IMO Dr. Dog owns the Beatles, had they been around in the 60's with the Beatles I think people would have given Dr. Dog most of the credit for shaking things up. I don't dislike the Beatles but I just don't really care for anything they've done excluding Revolver
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
youre comparing a band that made that style of music from nowhere to a band that totally ripped off what the beatles did who knows how many years later?

fail.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
Quote by Infamou$17
Completely ignoring the fact that the Beatles completely revolutionized music and whatever else they may have done, in a music vs. music and not legacy/influence situation who do you think is the better band? I just used Dr. Dog because I've heard them compared to the Beatles a lot.

IMO Dr. Dog owns the Beatles, had they been around in the 60's with the Beatles I think people would have given Dr. Dog most of the credit for shaking things up. I don't dislike the Beatles but I just don't really care for anything they've done excluding Revolver

unfortunately its not quite as simple as that. It is so hard to compare a musicial group of past ages to modern times, since it is completely subjective.

Many bands now would not be around if not for the beatles. You may like Dr. Dog more, but you really can't make a comparison like that.

Quote by shdowfox17
youre comparing a band that made that style of music from nowhere to a band that totally ripped off what the beatles did who knows how many years later?

fail.

I was trying to say something like that, but it turned into too many words...
yeah, Dr. Dog doesn't come anywhere close to the beatles. I enjoy Dr. Dog quite a lot, but they haven't really done anything original imo, whereas pretty much every band around now has been influenced by the beatles in some way. Also, I don't really see how you can like dr. dog and not like anything the beatles have done but revolver. Abbey road? white album? no? nothing? anyways I'm done now, that's all.
Quote by shdowfox17

fail.

You didn't read what I wrote about looking at it in a view nonsubjective to what the Beatles did for music... like I said, music vs. music. You fail to point out a real fail
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by Infamou$17
You didn't read what I wrote about looking at it in a view nonsubjective to what the Beatles did for music... like I said, music vs. music. You fail to point out a real fail

even then, you still have to look at what time frame they were writing in. The fact that the beatles played that music at that time is what was so good about them. It's called innovation. And no new band can try and cover the same ground without being just that, a cover band.
Quote by Infamou$17

I read it, I just ignored it. You can't isolate music from the environment it was created in. Your statement that dr. dog would have owned the beatles if they were around in the 60s is just as moronic as if I were to say Nirvana would have owned Beethoven back in the day. Point is, Dr. Dog is so indebted to the beatles, the beach boys, and their like that comparing them on the same level is a worthless exercise. Waste of my time, waste of your time.

/thread.