Eh, nothing special.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
I can think of at least 10 players who have better tone than that squeaky one.
Lost interest.
I'm afraid Eric Johnson does not have the best tone ever. That title goes to Al di Meola.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
I'm afraid Eric Johnson does not have the best tone ever. That title goes to Al di Meola.

To each his own. EJ's tone is an orgasm for the ear. I've never really heard di Meola, but I will download his songs tomorrow to see. I'm probably guessing it's pretty sweet sounding.
there`s no best tone everybody has their favorites
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
That's a really typical, bog-standard Tele tone with the treble rolled down a touch and saturated reverb (with a hint of delay too, I think). Doesn't sound too reactive dynamically either. Can't say it's terribly impressive.

Roll back some of the treble, touch off the bass, cut back the effects and get some more natural dynamics going on, and then we'll talk.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
you really think EJ's tone is better then SRV? Satch has great tone too but it's pretty much up to the listener. I just don't think Eric can touch Stevie as far as personal tone.

When I hear Stevie, I kNOW it's him cuz of the tone...not so much with ol Eric
Anything is gonna sound good through that Dumble clone. It's also why he sounds like Santana.

And the dynamics sound pretty darn good to me Flibble. Tone is all subjective though... and the shear fact that it's a Dumble clone is probably clouding my judgement.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Sep 14, 2008,