Well me and my buddy were going to fix muh my bass because I get a loud crackling problem if I start to play to hard on it. so anyways the last time it did this, we sauterd it good, but it came undone again. So we tried once more and got it, then it effed us over just barley. Now we tryed to fix it ( once again.) and it REALLY screwed her over. it dosent make any sound, weve fixed the grounding wire O.O or so we thought but theres now a mysterious brown one wire hanging around. Any ideas?

PS: Silvertone, no idea on what model looks like it was modeld after a J bass of some sorts.

Help us please.
well id say it's time to go to a luthier/ guitar repair shop, seeing as you guys cant really seem to get it fixed right. it should not be to expensive of a fix, and probably the best thing you can do for it.
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
yeah bud, you need to get a proffesional, or atleast someone more experienced with guitar parts. Youd be surprised how much you can eff up your axe with some seemingly simple, innocent personal work =P
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/
It's all Ye know on Earth and all ye need to know.

After you completely rewire it to match a wiring diagram on here, Experiment with the extra wire, it either needs to be taped off, or grounded, not a lot of options to scew up.

It's already not making sound, can't screw up the electronics much worse, I say fiddle away on it.
Thanks for all your replies guys ~!

That sites tasty by the way Mike!

We fiddled on it some and got it much better, but im afraid shes going for a trip to KSM guitars, tomorrow.

Im pretty sure the cracking was sautering problems, my wires got real messed up on this bass one day when I was 13 and I decided to turn the knob further then it should go...

we fidd
It's spelled soldering, pronounced "sod-er-ing" (the L is silent, although I prefer to pronounce it).

If all else fails, get entirely new wires and pots for everything except the pickups. You can't fix bad quality.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
It's spelled soldering, pronounced "sod-er-ing" (the L is silent, although I prefer to pronounce it).

If all else fails, get entirely new wires and pots for everything except the pickups. You can't fix bad quality.

Is that what "sautering/sodering" is?

I wonder why you americans don't pronounce the 'l'...
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
just follow a diagram. what are the components you have?

list off your pickups, amount of volume and tone knobs etc..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.