What do you guys think a good pedal to throw my Crate V18 (Tube amp) into metal would be? I really don't have a ton of money to spend but I don't need anything extremely high gain, just enough to play so Ozzy Osbourne(Randy Rhoads and Jake E. Lee), Metallica, and Iron Maiden stuff. I've been looking at the Digitech "Bad Monkey", or Boss "Ds-1". Any others suggestions would be gladly accepted.

And also, a wah, I've been thinking about the Cry Baby Original, or maybe getting a used/broken one and modding it to better specs. It will be used for Jimi Hendrix, RHCP, and just general Classic Rock, medium ain type of music, I'm not going for something to replicate anybody's sound, just a good versatile wah.
I think a bad monkey is miles ahead of a ds1. You should be able to get a decent metal tone with it for the bands you want. If you're decent with a soldering iron then getting a run down crybaby and modding it would be a great choice.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ibanez TS-9 is a good pedal to boost a tube amp. I believe Kirk Hammet uses one sometimes.
Use an OD such as a Maxon or an Ibanez Tubescreamer, or a Bad Monkey to boost the V18's gain.

Get a cheap Crybaby and mod it. Trust me, it's so much better. I play Chilis, Hendrix and Classic Rock with it, it's brilliant.

Or just get a Vox or stretch to a Fulltone/RMC or something.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild