I need a little bit more gain from my setup
My gear:

PRS SE Paul Allender
Damage control Demonizer tube distortion pedal (using the direct out)

My other guitar had EMG pickups which got me a lovely distorted tone, but my new PRS doesn't have the same output as EMGs. I'm aware that the demonizer is more of a hard rock/lead pedal, but with enough output from the guitar I got exactly what I was looking for.

So what would be the cheapest/easiest way to get that little bit of extra gain? Put my EMGs in the PRS (i don't think i could do it myself, no soldering experience), buy a pedal (EQ or boost pedal) that boosts my guitars output in my demonizer, or what???
What kind of amp are you playing through? Off the top of my head I would say a boost like a tubescreamer or something similar.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
shouldn't the demonizer have more than enough gain?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of amp are you playing through?

Critical information.
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of amp are you playing through?

The demonizer has an output both for going into an amp and a cab-simulated direct out for recording. For practice purposes I use the go into my POS Ibanez 10watt practice amp, and for recording I use the direct out into a USB interface.

For both purposes I find I would like a little more gain... Maybe I need to play with my settings on the demonizer a little...but I definitely have to have the gain all the way up and the compressor half-way to get something close
I think a new amp would work a lot better for you. I don't think boosting a distortion pedal will yield good results. If you can't get the gain from that pedal then a new amp is probably the best bet.
No you dont need to play with your demonizer more (well you could and it would be fun but thats not the problem)
you need a new amplifier.

An Ibanez 10 watt pos amp ain't going to have alot of balls and its not going to have alot of gain for you to build on. Save up for a new amp.
The easiest way to achieve more gain is an OD infront of the Preamp. Try a TS9 infront of the Damage control and you will be in molten territory.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
The easiest way to achieve more gain is an OD infront of the Preamp. Try a TS9 infront of the Damage control and you will be in molten territory.

Or no?

Just get a new amp - something like an Orange or a Hughes and Kettner tube amp would do you pretty good if you have a pedal like that for distortion.
I guess the problem is that you don't use an amp, right?
Some sort of OD would work, and if you buy a tube amp later, an OD can be useful to have.
i'd second the new amp. that 10 watt ibanez amp wont give you the gain you want. it's better to buy a new amp.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by Kikuta

Just get a new amp - something like an Orange or a Hughes and Kettner tube amp would do you pretty good if you have a pedal like that for distortion.

I love how I ask for the easiest/cheapest solution and I get people suggesting buying high end tube amps. NOT.
You really just need even a slightly better amp. A roland cbe with that in front could be ok, or even the crate V series
Quote by insatyrguitar
I love how I ask for the easiest/cheapest solution and I get people suggesting buying high end tube amps. NOT.

True, it's silly for that guy to suggest something like that, but your idea just won't work. OD + Distortion pedal + Toneblaster = mud
I have experimented and found that using the direct out into my recording interface actually does have the amount of gain I want, although when using the amp its not there.

So this reaffirms everyone's ideas that even a slightly better amp will definitely help me get what i want. I didn't think that an amp's clean channel would make much of a difference unless it was a tube amp with the clean gain turned up a bit, but alas, I was wrong and you guys are right. Another reason I didn't believe it was my amp was because my LTD w/ EMG pickups got the distortion I wanted using the exact same setup.

Thank you all (except for the dude who said I need an orange amp)

And yes, putting an OD pedal before a distortion pedal would result in a complete loss of clarity...