I heard that they are very toneful, and my favorite band uses them, anybody ever play one?
Nice amps, very expensive. I'd love to try one, but I've never seen one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
They are teh sex.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
They're right up there with the Spider III and the Marshall MG.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
couple i've tried were great, but very expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by abyss257
Are Ferrarararrisiisis any good?

Yeah.. they're boutique amps for sure.

I personally don't care for Ferrari's tone. Bogners are great though. Just have horrible gas mileage.
Coheed uses them, I believe.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

there expensive and get be BR00TAL but the uberschall for example is meant for scooping and it pretty much just gets the tone of most brutal bands out there and a lot of newbs tone. basically the uberschall is the expensive newb amp.
Quote by convictionless
there expensive and get be BR00TAL but the uberschall for example is meant for scooping and it pretty much just gets the tone of most brutal bands out there and a lot of newbs tone. basically the uberschall is the expensive newb amp.

I thought the Shiva was a pretty low gain amp
Quote by mcrfobtai
I thought the Shiva was a pretty low gain amp

It's high gain enough to get into some metal. I was surprised too.
i thought the shiva got a good 80s metal/rock tone. not high gain in the way that, say, an engl, mesa or soldano is, but not a vintage-voiced amp either... kinda hot-rod marshall.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've only tried the ecstacy as well... but i think there are a couple of lower gain bogners... the duende, maybe?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Ecstacy sounds awesome, captures the vibe of an old amp pretty well.
yeah, i really liked the ecstacy when i tried it, i think it can get quite heavy too, though?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah the Ectasy (sp?) is a fantastic amp. I was going to get it over my Mark IV, but it was just a little to expensive. I loved it though. Can get very High Gain heavy, but also great bluesy smooth tone too. All around great amp. Bogner has got some new stack that is like around 2 grand I beleive, and that is cheap from them.
Fender American Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard
79 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Suhr Pro Series S5
Ovation Custom Balladeer
Mesa Boogie Mark IV with 4x12 Recto Cab
Looking for Ibanez RGA model or Petrucci PM me for details
In a word, yes. Fantastic amps, amazing complexity of tone. Each amp very much has its own flavour, while still retaining a a recognisable Bogner sound.

The new, cheaper Alchemist range looks very promising.
Quote by Nolly
In a word, yes. Fantastic amps, amazing complexity of tone. Each amp very much has its own flavour, while still retaining a a recognisable Bogner sound.

By cheaper I'm assuming you mean under 4000
Quote by Nolly

well....they do look promising but i would hold out on buying one until any problems with them are sorted out. the Alchemist models are made in China....and i know that basing a product strictly from where it's made is dumb, but i really haven't seen much good guitar wise come out of Chinese made gear.

i do hope i'm wrong though, the youtube vids of the amp sounded good.

Quote by mcrfobtai
By cheaper I'm assuming you mean under 4000

yes, on musiciansfriend they go for $1,200 new if im not mistaken.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
The amps are supposed to be godly....

Which makes sense because only a god could ****ing afford one.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by Waterboy799
well....they do look promising but i would hold out on buying one until any problems with them are sorted out. the Alchemist models are made in China....and i know that basing a product strictly from where it's made is dumb, but i really haven't seen much good guitar wise come out of Chinese made gear.

I was judging on sound alone.
Quote by Waterboy799

Wow, really? Damnnn. Are they high gain amps or more low gain, vintage voiced?
my biggest concern about those new alchemists is that bogner was allegedly involved with those new line 6 spider valves, and they weren't amazing. the big problem with any company, renowned for its expensive high end models, which then brings out a cheaper range built off-shore, is that generally the outsourced stuff isn't as good. primarily because if it were, no-one would buy the high-end stuff by them any more. it happened with PRS, and i'd be very surprised if it didn't happen with bogner either. I could be wrong, of course, but it's marketing 101 not to compete with/cannibalise your other lines.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it could happen like Peavey's VK/Winsdor series.

People still buy their more upper end stuff.
I love the Ecstasy, but dear God, I can pay a semesters tuition for the price of that head. My fave of the bunch is the Shiva though.

Bogner is releasing a ore affordable line soon, called the Alchemy series. I am interested in hearing one of these when they drop
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by al112987
it could happen like Peavey's VK/Winsdor series.

People still buy their more upper end stuff.

yeah, because the upper end stuff is much better, which is what i was saying.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, because the upper end stuff is much better, which is what i was saying.

Right but its not like the VKs are bad or anything, they're $500 amps that sound like a $500 amp should. Just like if Bogner makes a $1000 amp, it'll probably sound like a $1000 amp should.

Then again, its probably a poor comparison, you could probably buy three upper end Peavey's for the price of an upper end Bogner.
Quote by al112987
Right but its not like the VKs are bad or anything, they're $500 amps that sound like a $500 amp should. Just like if Bogner makes a $1000 amp, it'll probably sound like a $1000 amp should.

Then again, its probably a poor comparison, you could probably buy three upper end Peavey's for the price of an upper end Bogner.

of course. just if peavey didn't also sell higher-end amps, they might make the vk a $500 amp which sounded like an $800 one. and obviously, as you said below, if the alchemist sounds like a $1000 amp, it still won't sound as good as the higher end bogners which are much more expensive again...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It could sound like a $3000 amp, it's just a matter of whether or not it will be nearly as complex as high end bogners with all the switches, knobs, bells and whistles. A more accurate comparison might be a single rectifier next to a dual rec roadster. Huge price difference, same sounds, the roadster just has 2 more channels and a bit more control. With bogner being a smaller company, the price and time to build a less complex amp could save a large chunk of money without really cutting tone.

That being said. Yes, bogners are good.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
that is a good point; however one major difference is that all mesas are built in the USA (as far as i'm aware), so if their cheaper models are noticeably worse, it brings their US manufacturing name into disrepute, while those newer bogners are made in china- if people don't like them, bogner can blame their chinese manufacturers so that people will still like their USA-built amps (much like PRS).

EDIT: i have no idea if i'm right or not, i'm just hypothesising. this is the kind of crap companies and marketing divisions come out with all the time.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that is a good point; however one major difference is that all mesas are built in the USA (as far as i'm aware), so if their cheaper models are noticeably worse, it brings their US manufacturing name into disrepute, while those newer bogners are made in china- if people don't like them, bogner can blame their chinese manufacturers so that people will still like their USA-built amps (much like PRS).

EDIT: i have no idea if i'm right or not, i'm just hypothesising. this is the kind of crap companies and marketing divisions come out with all the time.

Oh shit. I haven't and can't really do any research about amps and stuff (college internet sucks here) I didn't have a clue bogner would have amps built in china.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
haha, no worries man. You actually brought up a very good point which i hadn't considered, which would definitely apply to things like the soldano avenger, vht deliverance etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
How much is the Alchemist gonna be, does anyone know? Cause my greatest guitar playing moment was using my dad's mates' Bogner Shiva. I literally had to be dragged away from it.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales