Who used to listen to metallica? I used to listen to MOP a lot,
then i watched that carp metallica film and learnt about that guitarist they sacked.

I bought peace sells, then RIP and CTE, they became my favourite band.

for some strange reason i can't even stand metallica anymore - but i liked them before...wierd..:
I listen to both. I enjoy both of Megadeth's and Metallica's music...a lot.

Why can't we all just get alonggggggg?
I have never been a metallica fan, i liked megadeth from the start. But me not liking metallica has nothing do with the fact that im a megadeth and dave mustaine-fan, its just that metallicas music doesnt appeal too me.
Take it to the Megadeth thread
"God damn you Walter! You fuckin' asshole! Everything's a fuckin' travesty with you, man! And what was all that shit about Vietnam? What the FUCK, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the fuck are you talking about?"-The Dude
First four albums are the only ones of worth. I didn't really like Megadeth after Symphonies either, and Symphonies was probably a 7/10 at best for me.
Metallica got really boring to me once I started listening to more extreme stuff, but Friedman's guitar playing has always kept me interested in Megadeth.
Quote by savio23q

This
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by savio23q

Again this + loads and a bit more
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Did you honestly think this was worth creating a thread about?
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Metal forum users: who was this retarded as a n00b?

Do people like this actually evolve into worthwhile members or just disappear?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
They experience subconscious dissolutions into the continuum and dissapate into dense air.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I'm a fan of both.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
strangle you must mean the necromantic continuum
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

^ Nah, I was on about the Esoteric album
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I like them both, but prefer Megadeth now. I also own RIP, PSBWB and CTE. Youthanasia, KIMBABIG and SFSGSW are next on my list.
Quote by AdamDK
I like them both, but prefer Megadeth now. I also own RIP, PSBWB and CTE. Youthanasia, KIMBABIG and SFSGSW are next on my list.

WTF

I found both bands at around the same time, way before the movie. The movie made me realise how famous the sacking of Dave was.
Both bands were great back then, but now....Megadeth kick ass.
I'd recommend listening to Death Magnetic a couple of times though, it starts to grow on you. Just doesn't compare to United Abominations though!
Rock on!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
i know what they stand for man i think it looks ridiculous typed out in al lthose acronyms!

Megadeth have just as many sucky albums as Metallica, if not more

Lets be honest, neither of them exactly represent the finest the world of metal has to offer.
they're both extremly overrated even though i probably prefer Megadeth. As a sidenote, how were you a dedicated fan of thrash and yet never heard of Megadeth? it doesn't make sense. and now, *reported* no v.s. threads/ spam threads.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I like Megadeth better but I can also appreciate Master of Puppets and Fade to Black from Metallica. It's just plain ****ing sad 'metal' albums like St. Anger and Load can reach number 1 on the Billboard charts. Didn't think Death Magnetic was awesome either.
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.